SUN teams up with Infinium Labs...

WaltC

Veteran
...and I thought the interesting thing is that the following press release can be viewed on the SUN web site:

http://www.sun.com/smi/Press/sunflash/2004-10/sunflash.20041028.1.html

Although we've literally beaten the IL dog to death, this is kind of a new twist in the emerging story, I think. SUN evidently doesn't share the belief that IL's run by a bunch con artists whose only goal in life is to defraud investors. At least, this press release from SUN certainly creates that impression...;)

Hopefully, this will answer whatever unanswered questions [H] might have as to exactly how IL intends to support and deliver its gaming service, should it actually launch next year as IL has announced.

Having SUN develop the delivery system for content is one thing.

Having IL trying to pawn off a XP2500 and a NVIDIA 5700 and say it's the ultimate gaming system is a whole other can of worms.

It's nice being able to get the content, by why bother when the machine you have to run it, barely can.

AntShaw said:
Having SUN develop the delivery system for content is one thing.

Having IL trying to pawn off a XP2500 and a NVIDIA 5700 and say it's the ultimate gaming system is a whole other can of worms.

It's nice being able to get the content, by why bother when the machine you have to run it, barely can.

Kind of like "pawning off" the xBox, you mean? Sort of like that?...;)

Nah, I would say not sort of like that.

Microsoft launching the XBOX to tens to hundreds of millions.

Is much different then IL launching Phantom to tens to hundreds of thousands.

AntShaw said:

Sorry, but I can't see any difference in the size of the markets these products are aimed towards--as they are the same markets, aren't they? I also think it's amusing to see you shift your Phantom objections away from hardware the minute the *age* of the currently shipping xBox hardware is brought up by comparison.

Personally, I'm not a console customer, whether it's xBox or Phantom makes no difference to me--not interested. But I think it's really unfair of people to malign and condemn a company's efforts to bring something new to market on nothing more than a basis of negative hearsay and gossip. I mean, just because I don't like something doesn't mean that others won't--as a few million xBox customers prove pretty well...;) IE, if people like the xBox then people may also like the Phantom, too. I'm in favor of giving IL enough rope to either make it to market or hang themselves, as I think they will do this regardless of what anyone says about their efforts.

WaltC said:
AntShaw said:

Sorry, but I can't see any difference in the size of the markets these products are aimed towards--as they are the same markets, aren't they? I also think it's amusing to see you shift your Phantom objections away from hardware the minute the *age* of the currently shipping xBox hardware is brought up by comparison.

Personally, I'm not a console customer, whether it's xBox or Phantom makes no difference to me--not interested. But I think it's really unfair of people to malign and condemn a company's efforts to bring something new to market on nothing more than a basis of negative hearsay and gossip. I mean, just because I don't like something doesn't mean that others won't--as a few million xBox customers prove pretty well...;) IE, if people like the xBox then people may also like the Phantom, too. I'm in favor of giving IL enough rope to either make it to market or hang themselves, as I think they will do this regardless of what anyone says about their efforts.
I realy dont care. But i would thing Sun is going to pull a Enron here with this investment.......

Back