Stupid me....

Anonymous

Veteran
I think i accidentally uninstalled notepad. I don't know HOW but i think i did. How do i get it back?

thanks fellas-

Norton

Start / Settings / Control Panel / Add/Remove Windows Components / Accessories & Utilities

RainZ

rainz said:
Start / Settings / Control Panel / Add/Remove Windows Components / Accessories & Utilities

RainZ

EEK! i dont know what i just did! It didnt work and now the icon for IE is missing!

Jim Norton said:
rainz said:

RainZ

EEK! i dont know what i just did! It didnt work and now the icon for IE is missing!

lol do the same thing again and all the missing thing will be reinstalled .. you just uninstalled them .. now reinstall them

RainZ

I'm afraid to say it didnt work. I go to control panel- add remove programs- Add/Remove Windows Components and theres a series of boxes. Should it be checked or unchecked? I just tired what i did before and it didn't work.

also upon startup i get the follwoing error

ERROR-

Msscriptcontrol: Unknown Error

If your using Win2K or XP deleting notepad is extremely difficult. Try it - go to C:\Windows\ and place Notepad.exe in the Recycle Bin. Wait a few seconds and refresh your Windows folder and notepad.exe will be back!

I just noticed mspaint is gone as well. A program i REALLY need. I tried to reinstall everything via the windows components screen and nothing happens. Notepad doesn't open, i still get that error upon startup and now paint is gone. What the hell even happened in the first place? I know i didnt uninstall those programs. Is there an alternate way to reinstall them?

Jim Norton said:
I just noticed mspaint is gone as well. A program i REALLY need. I tried to reinstall everything via the windows components screen and nothing happens. Notepad doesn't open, i still get that error upon startup and now paint is gone. What the hell even happened in the first place? I know i didnt uninstall those programs. Is there an alternate way to reinstall them?

Looks strange ... You tested to run an Anti-Virus ?

RainZ

My anti-virus runs every morning at 4. Nothing has changed. I'm thinking it's about time to do the dreaded reformat.... Any tutorials on how to?

Well exactly at the same place .. be sure any " suspicious things " are checked.

RainZ

i keep doing the same thing and the files just dont come back. And now i realized i cant find my XP cd.

This is the worst

Back