Stringer Interview:

TheChefO

Banned
http://www.smarthouse.com.au/iPods_And_Portable_Players/Industry/G7M3G3G2?page=1

If we fail, it is because we positioned PS3 as the Mercedes of the video game field.

While Stringer is pleased with Sony's cellular phone progress, "I would never sit up here and say I'm not worried about Steve Jobs. I wouldn't bet against Steve. "About Blu-ray vs. HD DVD, Stringer was more pointed: "We are selling 3-to-1 vs. them. We have exclusives with Disney, Fox, Sony [and Lion's Gate] and they have the top 15 of 20 movies at the moment. At some point Blu-ray will take over based on ... this support."

In 1997 we were working with IBM on electronic music distribution and could have put this out five years earlier [than iPod]. But we couldn't get our people to understand software. And we are a music company. They saw digital media, panicked and didn't like it." In the end Sony designed a closed music system that didn't work.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Ten years ago we thought of ourselves as the agent of the supplier. Now we think, ‘What are consumers doing with this product? How will they use the product?' That's how we developed consumer centricity."

This is a quote from Brad Anderson, CEO of Best Buy.

Details! :rolleyes:

:oops:

Stringer always comes off as remarkably defeatist, particularly where the console division is concerned. Makes for a weird dichotomy with the PR mouthpieces.

Stringer always comes off as remarkably defeatist, particularly where the console division is concerned. Makes for a weird dichotomy with the PR mouthpieces.
Investors often award a higher stock price to sober execs.

Back