Strengths and weaknesses of PS2/GC/XB relative to contemporary PCs *spawn

vipa899

Regular
Im seeing this thread abit late, having gone through it there was much of intresting things to read. You people really know what youre talking about.
Been seeking for a professional answer regarding CPU/GPU or system power regarding the 6th gens on how they compared to high end pc parts of the era.
Have gotten some answers and read many forums but most forums its not from developers or people that really know (like GC is much more capable then PS2).

I wont discuss or disagree since im not on the same level as some here, i will take my chances and take the answer as the most accurate i can find on the internet.
That is, for PS2, was a high (1ghz or higher) P3 or athlon, with a geforce 2 GTS and 256mb ram more capable in general?
What about xbox against a athlon xp 2000+/GF4 TI 4600? how did nv2a compare to an TI 4600?

This is, offcourse if games get optimized for each platform.

Im seeing this thread abit late, having gone through it there was much of intresting things to read. You people really know what youre talking about.
Been seeking for a professional answer regarding CPU/GPU or system power regarding the 6th gens on how they compared to high end pc parts of the era.
Have gotten some answers and read many forums but most forums its not from developers or people that really know (like GC is much more capable then PS2).

I wont discuss or disagree since im not on the same level as some here, i will take my chances and take the answer as the most accurate i can find on the internet.
That is, for PS2, was a high (1ghz or higher) P3 or athlon, with a geforce 2 GTS and 256mb ram more capable in general?
What about xbox against a athlon xp 2000+/GF4 TI 4600? how did nv2a compare to an TI 4600?

This is, offcourse if games get optimized for each platform.
back then I had a laptop PC and the Xbox was my main gaming platform. There were abismal differences between a few PS2 and Xbox ports, which seemed to have generational differences. Splinter Cell was an example:

Here you have a comparison which is more related to your thread's intent, with Resident Evil 4 running on a 2007 PC and a 2014 PC with HD Project Texture pack:

The minimum and recommended settings for Resident Evil 4 PC at the time were...

Resident Evil 4 Minimum Requirements
CPU: Pentium III or AMD Athlon (or better)
CPU Speed: 1 GHz
ram: 256 MB
Video Card: 128 MB DirectX 9.0c-compliant AGP / PCI Express w/ Shader 2.0 or higher (NVIDIA GeForce 6/7 families+ /ATI Radeon X Series+ [X200 not supported])
DirectX version: DirectX 9.0c or higher (included on disc)
Sound Card: Yes
Free Disk Space: 3.5 GB
CD-ROM: 16x or faster CD-ROM

Resident Evil 4 Recommended Requirements
CPU: Pentium 4/Athlon XP or better
CPU Speed: 2 GHz
ram: 512 MB
Video Card: 256 MB DirectX 9.0c-compliant AGP / PCI Express w/ Shader 2.0 or higher (NVIDIA GeForce 6/7 families+ /ATI Radeon X Series+ [X200 not supported])
DirectX version: DirectX 9.0c or higher (included on disc)
Sound Card: Yes
Free Disk Space: 3.5 GB
CD-ROM: 16x or faster CD-ROM

Wreckless the Yakuza Missions, the Xbox version was vastly superior compared to the PS2 and GCN counterparts:

Back