Sticky post for future firmware updates in console forum? *

Supposedly some network updating, I wouldnt expect a .01 update to do anything amazing or bring anything really new if the psp firmware is anything to go by.

I vote for a firmware Sticky, especially if they are going to be put out what seems like every other week, with the inevitable "What does it do?" thread.

That sounds like a good idea to me. Often the firmware upgrades aren't really worth an individual topic, but they are still worthy of mention.

That does sound like a smart idea, though with other platforms having stickies to, wouldn't that rather muss up the top? Perhaps just an "Official Firmware Updates thread" for each platform, and people ressurect that one when it drops off the front page. Perhaps the mod could update the thread title with the latest firmware when released too, so everyone knows it's up to date.

OK, I've moved the thread and changed the titles to make it a little bit more descriptive.

Opinion starts here:
Personally, I am not in favor of doing this. I'd like to keep the forum header a clean as possible, i.e. keep the sticky posts to the minimum (the console games with 3 stickies is the uberhorror [though we'll likely get rid of one of them]). At max I'd tolerate a single sticky (intended for all consoles) which is closed to user participation. All the updates / posts on new firmware would have to go through the mods in order to keep the updates as clear and concise as possible. You'd had to submit the updates to the mods with a link to the official update description.

Personally, I really dislike more than two stickies in a forum. One for permenant info and one for temporary info is my preference. Max that is.

Tho this thread reminds me of a hoot of a comment I saw at Firing Squad today re PS3.

our PS3 has been flawless, even with several firmware upgrades along the way!

Isn't it utterly AWESOME that it could become even more "flawless" after each of several firmware upgrades? I mean, that is NOT easy! :LOL:

And, no, I'm not poking fun at PS3 which is at a predictable point in its lifecycle re firmware upgrades. I'm cuffing FS. :p

Back