Steam, Origin, Epic, Twitch, Good*, *Games Sales [2007-2021]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get only an empty page when I follow that link. Perhaps this promo is region-locked.
maybe you need to be registered? I am not sure. Bundle Stars is related to PC Gamer, serious people.

edit: I followed the link again and it is empty now, there is a SF2 box art in the background but that's it.

https://www.bundlestars.com/en/games?page=1 Bundle Stars has more than 4000 games on sale now, all redeemable on steam.

Dead Cells, Hyper Light Drifter,Little Nightmares and Everspace is what I am looking at right now !
Which ones can I dropto lower my expenditure? Going really tight after the spending spree on PSN.

I really enjoy how Steam works. I have about 20 games on my wish list, this morning I received both an email and a steam app notification that 13 games on my wish list were on sale. It's just great. Some were full on AAA games like Prey that's now $40, and others were little indy or early access games reduced from $15 to $5.

The set-up (and of course, the sale itself), really makes it a fantastic platform to always have something new to fiddle around with if you've got some spare time. The video's and user reviews all on the same page is also great. I wish Live had a system that was more like this.

..now, what to buy? :)

hm... it was $10 CAD for Transformers and $20CAD for the arkham knight package with everything. You've never played the other Arkham games? I'm only about 20 minutes into AK, and it just seems like a larger, prettier version of Arkham City. Story driven + side challenges. Combat is fairly straight forward, but rewards you for getting the timing right and chaining the attacks/dodges/counters. There's a stealth element for certain areas/rooms.

Not sure if they have other mini-story quests or actual detective mode (Rocksteady didn't really do much on that in the previous games compared to WB Montreal with Arkham Origins). I assume the Riddler is back again with a bunch of challenges & side-story things.

edit:

It's not the greatest of ports tbh, but it seems to be a lot better than the launch woes. Still need a decent CPU to have a chance at 60fps. I'm running it on an i7 3770 (Ivy Bridge) + 1070 @ 1440p60. It's really just the batmobile that causes problems for everyone.

I had a couple issues switching resolution on another computer using a Nehalem i5 + HD 7870 - just black screen. Had to use no-borders fullscreen. The game also pretty much ate up the 2GB VRAM - there's an in-game metric. Performance went to shit as soon as I was outside, probably the CPU.

Had a couple starting issues on the 1070 machine, but it seemed fine after steam updated & rebooting the computer (I don't use my higher end gaming computer often).

Last edited:
I really enjoy how Steam works. I have about 20 games on my wish list, this morning I received both an email and a steam app notification that 13 games on my wish list were on sale. It's just great. Some were full on AAA games like Prey that's now $40, and others were little indy or early access games reduced from $15 to $5.

The set-up (and of course, the sale itself), really makes it a fantastic platform to always have something new to fiddle around with if you've got some spare time. The video's and user reviews all on the same page is also great. I wish Live had a system that was more like this.

..now, what to buy? :)
Have you seen this browser add-on that tells you about lower prices/pricing history when you shop at the Steam store? I think it misses some sales that were in the past, but still a pretty neat tool. https://www.enhancedsteam.com/

I picked up Arkham Knight and Fall of Cybertron (finally).
I got:

Killing Floor for free, they say the game can be hilarious
Rise of Nations, goty of 2003 for Gamespot and PC Gamer
Redout
Defense Grid 2
Doom 3 BFG Edition
(had the X360 version back in the day, but anyways, and the original for OG Xbox)
Trackmania Stadium (I wouldn't recommend it atm, the interface is kinda meh)
Toybox Turbos (super fun Micromachines style game)
and finally Supreme Commander Forged Alliance

Dead Cells, Hyper Light Drifter,Little Nightmares and Everspace is what I am looking at right now !
Which ones can I dropto lower my expenditure? Going really tight after the spending spree on PSN.

Out of all of those Everspace is the one I'd drop first. It's a gorgeous space rogue-lite, but the gameplay doesn't have enough variety to keep it going.

Dead Cells is a way above average rogue-lite Castlevania type platformer that isn't finished yet. Developers expect to double the size of the game within the next year.

Little Nightmares is an extremely good experience that looks gorgeous. It's short, however, with almost no replay value.

Hyper Light Drifter I've heard is really good, but not my type of game.

Regards,
SB

Out of all of those Everspace is the one I'd drop first. It's a gorgeous space rogue-lite, but the gameplay doesn't have enough variety to keep it going.

Dead Cells is a way above average rogue-lite Castlevania type platformer that isn't finished yet. Developers expect to double the size of the game within the next year.

Little Nightmares is an extremely good experience that looks gorgeous. It's short, however, with almost no replay value.

Hyper Light Drifter I've heard is really good, but not my type of game.

Regards,
SB
YEa, i was also tikning of dropping Everspace till it evolves more or drops to a lower price.
Dead Cells seems like a must buy in every way.
My hear has been beating for Hyper Light Drifter since the first day I saw it. its more of whether I want it on the PC or PS4 actually. More of a decision of where I want to play it, when I am away from home on my lkaptop or when I am home on my ps4. Still torn between the two. Its a Zelda+Dark Souls game with the most mood since Souls games (and FEZ). Whats not to like :D ! Speaking for myself of course. I think if yopu like Dead Cells, I see now way you wont like HLDrifter. Its the same game genre without the rougelike element.

Little Nightmares has me torn too. I want it but I want Dead Cells more. I think I will drop Everspace and Little Nightmares for now and go with Dead Cells and HLD.

EDIT: Bought HLD and Dead Cells. .......and outta steam before I go broke ! :p

Last edited:
I decided to get a steamlink, since it was £20 with postage. Figured I'll get some sofa gaming in on the odd occasion when the wife's out. Might buy Arkham Knight or Shadow of Mordor to go alongside, but not sure. I have too many games as is.

Last edited:
Been buying a lot of games recently what with Oculus Home and Steam having a sale. From steam:

Eleven: Table Tennis VR
Either I'm worse at table tennis than I remember or there's something to be said for peripheral vision. Probably both. The lowest AI usually kicks my arse. I've beaten it once in around 20 games. I still go back to it though, the core mechanics are fun. Apart from the ball seeming a little too bouncy it feels right.

Assetto Corsa + all the DLCs
So far so good. It's going to take some time to get properly back into sim racing. The career mode seems good for now until I grow some balls and go online. I tried a small selection of cars and my favourite is a Lotus formula car whose name escapes me. Just sat in the tiny cockpit between those massive tyres and being so close to the road is superb.

Pinball FX2 VR + Season 1 Pack
Surprisingly good pinball sim. Genuinely fun and engrossing to play. The 3D and headtracking makes pinball so much easier. Akin to KBM vs Controller for FPS games. A good selection of tables with the DLC pack means I'll probably be playing this for a good while.

Pavlov VR
It's a counter-strike-eque shooter. Haven't loaded it up yet. There's only so many hours in the day. Looks a lot of fun from a couple of vids I watched previously.

Been buying a lot of games recently what with Oculus Home and Steam having a sale. From steam:

Eleven: Table Tennis VR
Either I'm worse at table tennis than I remember or there's something to be said for peripheral vision. Probably both. The lowest AI usually kicks my arse. I've beaten it once in around 20 games. I still go back to it though, the core mechanics are fun. Apart from the ball seeming a little too bouncy it feels right.

Assetto Corsa + all the DLCs
So far so good. It's going to take some time to get properly back into sim racing. The career mode seems good for now until I grow some balls and go online. I tried a small selection of cars and my favourite is a Lotus formula car whose name escapes me. Just sat in the tiny cockpit between those massive tyres and being so close to the road is superb.

Pinball FX2 VR + Season 1 Pack
Surprisingly good pinball sim. Genuinely fun and engrossing to play. The 3D and headtracking makes pinball so much easier. Akin to KBM vs Controller for FPS games. A good selection of tables with the DLC pack means I'll probably be playing this for a good while.

Pavlov VR
It's a counter-strike-eque shooter. Haven't loaded it up yet. There's only so many hours in the day. Looks a lot of fun from a couple of vids I watched previously.
been looking for an actual good tennis game, but found nothing I am actually interested in. I added Defense Grid Awakening to my collection. I had the Defense Grid games on the X360 and Xbox One respectively but the experience is much better now because of the 60 fps alone, although the graphics and level of detail are much better now too.

I've only really played Virtua Tennis (2009 and 4) in the last couple of decades, but I had a good time with them.

And then had to return it as it has bug where it doesn't detect a controller. This is the only game I've ever had this happen with. Rubbish!
lol 3rd person fighting game, several into the series, and doesn't detect controller? Is it a standard Xbox controller or something else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back