Steam, Origin, Epic, Twitch, Good*, *Games Sales [2007-2021]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bundlestars.com and indiegala.com are the other two main game bundle sites I know of, but there are some others. Humble and Bundlestars are the two big ones, AFAIK, at least in terms of quality of games. Indiegala tends to bundle more but lesser reviewed, cheaper games ("bundle fodder"), in part because they post a new bundle practically every day.

Sites like isthereanydeal.com can notify you of sales and bundles for games you specify. ITAD keeps track of bundles (click on "Specials" on the main page for a list), too, and reddit.com/r/gamedeals will keep you up to speed on bundles and sales.

FYI, Steam has both Collections and Bundles. If you own a game in a collection, you don't get any discount (I have no idea if you get a spare key or what). If you own a game in a bundle, they lower the bundle price proportionally.

Bundlestars.com and indiegala.com are the other two main game bundle sites I know of, but there are some others. Humble and Bundlestars are the two big ones, AFAIK, at least in terms of quality of games. Indiegala tends to bundle more but lesser reviewed, cheaper games ("bundle fodder"), in part because they post a new bundle practically every day.

Sites like isthereanydeal.com can notify you of sales and bundles for games you specify. ITAD keeps track of bundles (click on "Specials" on the main page for a list), too, and reddit.com/r/gamedeals will keep you up to speed on bundles and sales.

FYI, Steam has both Collections and Bundles. If you own a game in a collection, you don't get any discount (I have no idea if you get a spare key or what). If you own a game in a bundle, they lower the bundle price proportionally.

There are some circumstances where you can get a discount in a bundle if you own part of a bundle on Steam. I think it was the Bioshock bundle (Bioshock 1, 2, and Inifinite) I got during the last Steam Summer Sale that they were selling prior to the release of the remastered versions. I already had Bioshock Infinite so the bundle was a bit cheaper due to that.

There are still a lot of bundles where that doesn't happen, however. I think it's on a publisher by publisher basis, IE - publishers/developers decide whether there'll be a discount if a user owns something rather than Valve deciding.

As well, sometimes you'll get a Steam key that you can gift, and sometimes you won't. Again, I think it's a publisher/developer choice as to whether you'll get one or not. I've gotten extra keys for Civ V, Defense Grid, SpaceChem, and a few others this way.

Regards,
SB

Yeah, Steam bundles are confusing. I thought they were a subset of collections that prorated the bundle price if you owned something in it, but I guess it's not that simple.

New Humble today for Civilization laggards. $1 gets you Civ 3 & 4 complete, $7.50+ adds Civ V complete, and $15 adds Beyond Earth complete. You could do worse than Civ 4 + Fall from Heaven 2 for a buck.

Last day to get Total War Warhammer via the Humble Monthly.

Last hours to get Shovel Knight for $10 on sale before it becomes Shovel Knight Treasure Trove and jumps from $15 to $25 standard price. <2hrs for Steam, <17hrs for Humble ($9 w Monthly discount, DRM-free plus Steam key), who knows for GoG.

Spore is on a very low price mid-week special on Steam atm.
I'm kinda tempted, is it worth getting full bundle or is base game ok enough?

I'm not sure it's worth getting. Some of the ideas were fun but the game itself was super boring to me. You might want to see if you can find a "let's play" of it.

If you're still subscribed to Humble Monthly, you have a day to cancel or you'll be automatically charged for next month's bundle. I got The Witness in the Freedom Bundle, so I'll probably sit this month out even though I have a hunch the surprise games will be better than last month's.

Surprise! Last Monthly's unlocks seem okay, but nothing crazy. Ignore my hunches.

You've got less than a day to get this month's Monthly. The headliners are Dirt Rally and Inside ($30 on sale just by themselves).

If you or a friend are subscribing for the first time:
1) buy a game bundle for $1+ and use the 10% off Monthly coupon, and
2) use someone's referral link to and they get a $5 store credit.

Their latest game bundle, Very Positive, would make a strong monthly by itself. It's only $10 and runs for another ~12 days. Heck, the best sale price for Stephen's Sausage Roll was $20. Here's the price history of what's in it.

Last edited:
For those interested in PC gaming. The Humble Store is currently having their Spring Sale (ends on May 25). For those that don't know, this is basically Humble's version of the big Steam Sales events.

The difference is that while almost all games are redeemable on Steam, there are some games that come in a DRM free version as well. Also, 5% of every purchases goes towards the Child's Play charity.

Regards,
SB

For those interested in PC gaming. The Humble Store is currently having their Spring Sale (ends on May 25). For those that don't know, this is basically Humble's version of the big Steam Sales events.

The difference is that while almost all games are redeemable on Steam, there are some games that come in a DRM free version as well. Also, 5% of every purchases goes towards the Child's Play charity.

Regards,
SB
https://www.humblebundle.com/store/...onicWeekend_store_20170601&utm_content=Banner more Humble Bundle sales --up to 75% off. This one is Sonic Games Collection promo for Humble Bundle.

Some very good games. I got Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed (have the original Sonic All Stars Racing -without the Transformed part- on the X360, also included in this bundle, but always wanted to get this one and never did for the X360, plus now I can play it at 60 fps) and Sonic Adventure 2.

https://www.gog.com/

Summer Sale on GoG. If you buy a single game, whether it costs 1€ or more, they give you the game Rebel Galaxy, a game from 2015, for free. :)

https://www.gog.com/game/rebel_galaxy

I got Crysis, Far Cry 2 and Ultimate Doom. I have the first 2 games in my X360, and the last one in a very ancient original CD from 1996 -but have no CD drive on my PC now-.

The idea is to play those games decently, at 60 fps. I have 194 games on GoG now. :)

Payday 2 is free on Steam for the first 5 million people.

In case you didn't know, you can click "install game" and it will put it into your library even if you're not on the computer that has Steam installed and don't want it installed on that system (in other words, you can still get your free copy while at work!) :D

http://steamcommunity.com/games/218620/announcements/detail/1327847269948862882

Same here, but they're doing some sort of Payday 2 VR game and it might be cheaper if you already "own" PD2.

Their plans look great in that you can play with/against both other VR players as well as non-VR players seems pretty ambitious from developers who have been repeatedly accused of putting out broken games. (I've never played any of them)

Anyone here played Victor Vran? its on sale, wish there was a demo to try it out.

Also Nex Machina launches today and am playing it on ps4 right now and its mindblowingly crazy ! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back