Steam, Origin, Epic, Twitch, Good*, *Games Sales [2007-2021]

Status
Not open for further replies.
My take was:

Audiosurf (Meh)
Crysis Complete (hopefully they're playable by 2012)
Dead Space
Mirror's Edge
Outrun 2006
Red Faction Guerrilla
Shattered Horizon (Beta was decent, not that pretty but for $5 it's good enough to jump in for a few mins)
STALKER: Clear Sky (if I ever finish SOC)
World of Goo

Kinda OT but both Crysis and Warhead crash intermittently on my W7-64/CAT 9.12+HotFix 5870 system :(

I had Warhead crash on my last night after about 20 minutes. Crysis crashed upon changing any options unless I reboot after a "sleep" period. Strange. No crashes in other 3D games and no artifacting. Sorry for the thread derail.

Re: Penumbra

Yeah everybody should play it. :) I believe Overture is free. At least it was at one point.

My Steam money wasting included:
-Geometry Wars
-Defense Grid (awesome!!!)
-STALKER Clear Sky
-Burnout Paradise
-Chronicles of Riddick: Athena
-CS Condition Zero
-Gothic 3
-The Witcher
-Killing Floor
-Osmos (spiffy)
-Prey (this one went "Sold Out" wth?)
-Max Payne collection
-Trine
-Shadowgrounds collection
-Space Siege (it was $5 so sue me lol)
-Red Faction: Guerilla (essentially GTA sci-fi edition)

Last edited by a moderator:

Yeah everybody should play it. :) I believe Overture is free. At least it was at one point.

Thanks. I found the fullversion. It's only 156mb which is a bit strange, about the same size as the demo. Well I'm downloading and I'll let you know if it's the real thing.

The demo is version 1.03 while the free "full" game is version 1.01. The difference is huge, the demo has an improved intro, better menu (with more options), better inventory and is stable, in contrary, the free game (version 1.01) crashes a lot. They also have two different beginnings, in the demo you begin on a boat, in version 1.01 you begin on a strange place.

Version 1.03 is the one you have to pay for the full game, and from what I've experienced, it's worth it. Version 1.01 can't compare.

The demo is version 1.03 while the free "full" game is version 1.01. The difference is huge, the demo has an improved intro, better menu (with more options), better inventory and is stable, in contrary, the free game (version 1.01) crashes a lot. They also have two different beginnings, in the demo you begin on a boat, in version 1.01 you begin on a strange place.

Version 1.03 is the one you have to pay for the full game, and from what I've experienced, it's worth it. Version 1.01 can't compare.

I have full commercial (STEAM) version and it starts on the boat! :p

I've got 3 pack from STEAM some time ago, when it was on sale.

My Steam money wasting included:
-Geometry Wars
-Defense Grid (awesome!!!)
-STALKER Clear Sky
-Burnout Paradise
-Chronicles of Riddick: Athena
-CS Condition Zero
-Gothic 3
-The Witcher
-Killing Floor
-Osmos (spiffy)
-Prey (this one went "Sold Out" wth?)
-Max Payne collection
-Trine
-Shadowgrounds collection
-Space Siege (it was $5 so sue me lol)
-Red Faction: Guerilla (essentially GTA sci-fi edition)

This is one of the games you will never get bored with!
I'm now finishing all Challenges (half way through) with gold medal.

I've missed Red Faction deal :cry:. I loved first game and liked demo of Guerilla on XBOX.

Anyway I have Steam account for 2 years now (actively using) and that's how it looks like :oops:
steampart1.png

steampart2.png

:oops:

Wow! That's a long list :D

And I have few non-steam as well!
Like CoJ (both)
GRID
Riddick (new)
Crysis
etc.

Who would thought that 5 years ago I haven't got any legally owned game on my PC ....
Piracy is only due to too high game prices in my case!
Since I can afford them now I simply buy them.

And I have few non-steam as well!
Like CoJ (both)
GRID
Riddick (new)
Crysis
etc.

Who would thought that 5 years ago I haven't got any legally owned game on my PC ....
Piracy is only due to too high game prices in my case!
Since I can afford them now I simply buy them.

Good thing you can favorite games on STEAM, would have been hard to find a specific game otherwise:smile:

My games:

The Witcher (Special edition)
The Witcher Enhanced edition
Company of Heroes
Dawn of War 1
Dawn of War 2
X3: Reunion
Crysis (Special edition)
Crysis Warhead
Far Cry 2
Orange box
Fallout 2
Baldur's Gate 2 and the expansion
Max Payne 2
and some Call of Duty games

All of them are boxed.

Good thing you can favorite games on STEAM, would have been hard to find a specific game otherwise:smile:

My games:

The Witcher (Special edition)
The Witcher Enhanced edition
Company of Heroes
Dawn of War 1
Dawn of War 2
X3: Reunion
Crysis (Special edition)
Crysis Warhead
Far Cry 2
Orange box
Fallout 2
Baldur's Gate 2 and the expansion
Max Payne 2
and some Call of Duty games

All of them are boxed.

So you like The Witcher :devilish:

My brother had Baldur's Gate collection in a huge box! He loves these types of games!

BTW I'm not a fan of COD myself, but my friends forced me to buy a copy so I can play with them on-line!
I much more prefer Crysis which I have special edition as well ;)! I've finished original game 3 times already (every time I upgrade my PC GFX).

X3 is on my to do list! So far I had spent 2 months playing X2 and progressed to a point I could afford to buy my first station, but then some other game draw my attention from space exploration! I need to win lottery so I don't need to work so much, then I will have time to finish it ;).

My brother had Baldur's Gate collection in a huge box! He loves these types of games!

I've searched for that box (I think it's the collectors/special edition) and have had no luck finding it, it's very rare.

BTW I'm not a fan of COD myself, but my friends forced me to buy a copy so I can play with them on-line!
I much more prefer Crysis which I have special edition as well ;)! I've finished original game 3 times already (every time I upgrade my PC GFX).

I agree with you, I've have finished Crysis 2 times and Warhead 2 times as well.

X3 is on my to do list! So far I had spent 2 months playing X2 and progressed to a point I could afford to buy my first station, but then some other game draw my attention from space exploration! I need to win lottery so I don't need to work so much, then I will have time to finish it ;).

X3 is a fantastic game, I was proud of my factory-complex of Boron food, my first business :D
I've also had some energy cell plants and I made big profit through my Bliss production complex. :devilish:

Looking at Lightmans list, that equates to a "Hallowed 250gb of Gaming Goodness" I used to have one of those :D
It's good to see an artifact of such religious importance has been uncovered I may have to make a pilgrimage to visit it and worship the gaming gods

Looking at Lightmans list, that equates to a "Hallowed 250gb of Gaming Goodness" I used to have one of those :D
It's good to see an artifact of such religious importance has been uncovered I may have to make a pilgrimage to visit it and worship the gaming gods

Thanks! I will join your meditation/prayer:!:

I have a lot more, but on the evil child of Microsoft (Xcube or something)

But by counting my PC DVD/CD game collection I'm really close to 500GB now :cool:

EDIT: WOW I've just checked size of my Steam folder and ... 257GB!! :oops: Davros, how did you know?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back