Steam, Origin, Epic, Twitch, Good*, *Games Sales [2007-2021]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is steam broken at the moment? I tried to buy some games from discount and it failed. After restarting steam login also fails. Is there something super awesome in discount I'm not aware of if load is killing steam?

Humble has revealed next month's Choice early (their ordering):

• Control (Steam or Epic key)
  • XCOM: Chimera Squad
  • ELEX
  • Kingdom Two Crowns
  • WWE 2K Battlegrounds
  • Hotshot Racing
  • Peaky Blinders: Mastermind
  • Cyber Hook
  • Pesterquest
  • Wildfire
  • Boreal Blade
  • Ageless

Unclear if Control will be the Ultimate Edition, even though that's what's on offer with PS+ this month. Hotshot Racing is a cool addition for a game that just released in September (as was Cyber Hook, which was just on Twitch Prime).

Some good racing bundles in the air.

Humble Burn Rubber Bundle (runs for two weeks): $1 for Absolute Drift, or $12 for that plus Assetto Corsa + 6 DLC, Dirt Rally 2.0, GRIP Combat Racing, KartKraft, Monster Truck Championship, NASCAR Heat 5 + 1 DLC, Pacer. (ITAD details.)

AC is a few DLC short of the Ultimate Edition (which has gone for as low as $7-8). You can pick them (Porsche season pass, Japanese and Red packs) up on sale for ~$4 total.

The Dirt Rally 2.0 Season Pass, which covers all four "seasons" plus the Colin McRae pack, is $3.40 for the next 10 hours. It's just been in a Fanatical bundle, so it may end up in another.

Fanatical Nitro Bundle 2: $5 for F1 2019 Legends Edition, TT Isle of Man Ride on the Edge 2, WRC 7, Dirt 4, Dirt Rally, Gas Guzzlers Extreme, Homebrew Patent Unkown.

Fanatical Nitro Bundle: $5 for FIA European Truck Racing Championship, Grid (2019), Grip + DLC, Redout Complete Edition, TT Isle of Man Ride on the Edge. (ITAD details.)

Last edited:
Speaking of Fanatical, their Platinum BYOB for March/April is interesting for already including The Falconeer (if you can't play it on Game Pass for the $1 trial). Keep in mind that games seem to tend to appear in future bundles as even better deals. Still, ~$3 each is dirt cheap for a lot of these games.

It's 3/$10, 5/$16, or 7/$20:

Call of Cthulhu
Faeria
Falconeer (currently on Game Pass for PC and Xbox)
Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark
For Honor
Jotun: Valhalla Edition
Killing Floor 2
Mud Runner
Nine Parchments
Oriental Empires
Rayman Legends
Rising Storm 2: Vietnam
Shadow Tactics
Sherlock Holmes: Crimes & Punishments
South Park: The Fracture But Whole
Starpoint Gemini: Warlords
Steep
Sundered: Eldritch Edition
Tales of the Neon Sea (will be free on Epic next week)
Through the Darkest of Times
Tom Clancy's The Division
Townsmen
Trine 3

ITAD for price histories and individual Steam/etc. links

Epic Games lost almost $454M on EGS
A new court filing has revealed some interesting new details about Epic Games and Epic Games Store. According to the filling, Epic has lost around $181 million & $273 million on EGS in 2019 and 2020, respectively. This basically means that Epic Games Store has not been profitable these past two years. Epic expects its store to turn a profit in 2023, though this sounds like an optimistic scenario. Furthermore, Epic’s exclusives are not that profitable for the company. Additionally, EGS has currently more than 160 million registered users and more than 56 million monthly active users. Lastly, the 12% distribution amount charged by EGS is sufficient to cover the operating costs of EGS. It will be interesting to see whether EGS will become profitable in 2023.
https://www.scribd.com/document/502...ngs-of-Fact-and-Conclusions-of-Law#from_embed

Humble has teased the May Choice headliners: Metro Exodus, Darksiders Genesis, and Hellpoint. Just a heads up if Exodus' free ray-tracing update (obligatory Digital Foundry analysis) catches your eye. It's been as low as ~$14 by itself.

You have until Tuesday to grab the April Humble Choice: Colt Canyon, F1 2020, In Other Waters, Main Assembly, Popup Dungeon, Shenmue 3, Simulacra 1 & 2, etc.

The Humble May Choice teaser mentions a $9/mo for 3 months (for presumably all of the "choices") promo for new subscribers if you start with April.

I guess it’s worth mentioning the Humble Heal: COVID-19 Bundle expires in a day and a half. It’s a great value if you’ve been put of the loop for a bit, as many of its games have been bundled or given away previously. Still, you can’t argue with Into the Breach, The Witness, Wargroove, Undertale, Superhot, Saints Row 3, Bioshock Infinte, Baba Is You, and a bunch more (all Steam keys) for $20 minimum. I don’t think there are region restrictions, but double check.

“100% of your purchase proceeds are going to Direct Relief, Doctors Without Borders (MSF), International Medical Corps (IMC), & GiveIndia.” You can specifiy how much each charity gets.

Full list with more info here: https://isthereanydeal.com/specials/#/filter:id/10016

The full Humble Choice for May is up: https://isthereanydeal.com/specials/#/filter:id/9998
Family Man caught my eye. I think I saw a 12 months for $12 a month offer if you’re willing to commit (you may be able to pause months, you’re just prepaying for 12 bundles).

Epic Mega Sale with an unlimited $10 off $14.99+ games coupon (if you buy them one at a time, as the first coupon is free and each purchase nets you another). Some have been bundled or even free before, but these are great prices. Games that stand out to me (mostly name recognition, not personal experience), just looking at the first two pages of results sorted by price:

$5:
AC Origins
AC Odyssey
Axiom Verge
Carrion
Curse of the Dead Gods
Ghostrunner
Grindstone
Hitman 1 GotY
Journey to the Savage Planet
Messenger
Mutazione

$6:
Ancestors
Huntdown
Metro Exodus
Outward
Rogue Legacy 2

~$7:
Narita Boy
Star Renegades

$10:
Hades
Outer Wilds

Edit: Added Huntdown after seeing the Eurogamer review.

Last edited:
Epic Mega Sale with an unlimited $10 off $14.99+ games (if you buy them one at a time, as the first coupon is free and each purchase nets you another). Some have been bundled or even free before, but these are great prices. Games that stand out to me (mostly name recognition, not personal experience), just looking at the first two pages of results sorted by price:

$5:
AC Origins
AC Odyssey
Axiom Verge
Carrion
Curse of the Dead Gods
Ghostrunner
Grindstone
Hitman 1 GotY
Journey to the Savage Planet
Messenger
Mutazione