State of Gaming 2014: PC Gaming Is on the Rise

I wonder once B3D moves to XenForo that we may see a merging on areas including moving PC and Console gaming together. I'm sure the PC Gaming Gods will reign death down upon the peasants but it's probably a natural progression based on the likelyhood that multi-platform will be including PC moreso than previous generations.

I wonder once B3D moves to XenForo that we may see a merging on areas including moving PC and Console gaming together. I'm sure the PC Gaming Gods will reign death down upon the peasants but it's probably a natural progression based on the likelyhood that multi-platform will be including PC moreso than previous generations.

Have you spent much time in the console forum here? Without the logo I wouldn't even recognize it as B3D. I'd rather have a slow dedicated PC games forum than have it merge with the console madhouse. It must be hell for the mods over there, which I suspect is the reason Al lost his mind :D

Good news for PC gamers, especially now that GoG are going to launch their Galaxy service. That's awesome if you ask me.

If we could get rid of uPlay and Origin then it would be fantastic.

Yeah... I think that counts pretty much anyone who's ever fired up Solitaire in their lifetime.

Intel claims there are 711 million PC gamers:

http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/09/12/there-are-711-million-pc-gamers-in-the-world-today-says-intel/

I have no idea where this number is coming from, but it's an impressive number nonetheless. Even if it does include all the people who played farmville once in 2009 and businessmen playing minesweeper during boring meetings.
Even the most low entry laptop these days can run quite a lot of games decently enough, especially "classics", and by that I mean great games which are older than 5 years.

My most modern up to date PC game is Diablo 3 -Dragon Age and Skyrim would be next, but I don't play them on the PC, as I have them on the X360-, but other than that my 6GB RAM, i5, HD3000 GPU laptop runs some timeless games and amazing classics just fine.

Back