Star Wars EPIII Teaser released

Wtf, paying? :LOL: Damn that Lucas uckfer, he manages to squeeze money out of people every possible way there is! Pay to watch a trailer, christ. No thank you George, if that's the case I'll pass. :D

Poor SW fans, not that they haven't been fucked enough already with all the different editions they had to buy (and will buy in the future) now they also gotta pay for the trailer!! :LOL: I figure a real SW fan is probably already a member though.

Vader (with mask) has a slightly different voice! Fanboys are gonna tear this one apart. If they don't, i will! :D Also what's with Vader and the yellow eyes, i don't remember any yellow eyes.

I am such a sucker. Even knowing how bad the past 2 bad ones were, I want to see this one after seeing the trailer.

You know personally. I liked Star Wars Episode 2. Had it been the original released Star Wars verses Episode 1. My opinion of the series would have been vastly different. To be honest if I had to choice the series together. I'd exclude episode 1 completely. While EP 2 actually had some good qualities IMO.

I find all sw movies have their plus and minuses tho ep 4-5 are really good...

Looks like the emperor gets to kick ass in this one. :oops: Those little old folks are tougher than some of us think sometimes ;).

RussSchultz said:
I am such a sucker. Even knowing how bad the past 2 bad ones were, I want to see this one after seeing the trailer.

Ep 1 = action movie, not Star Wars nearly enough.
Ep 2 = fine, could have been better though.

And as you, after watching ep3 trailer I can't wait to see the movie.
Wookies' power !
Yoda's Power !
Anakin vs Obi-Wan duel !
:D

EP1 an action movie? How that?

Anything including kids or cute pets (be it animals or little robots) cannot classify as an action movie. It spoils the tension and is only there so the girls also watch the movie.

If you do a sci-fi movie, it should be on topic, not filled with neatness every now and than or try being funny.

For instance, remember Aliens? It was a nearly perfect movie. But why, WHY did they have to put a cute kid in it which needs to be saved and makes a would-be-mother out of the main character? That truly sucked.

Or what the hell did they want to achieve with that dance scene in Matrix 2? Ridiculous! :devilish:

Even Spawn had a kid and a doggie... :rolleyes:

_xxx_ said:
For instance, remember Aliens? It was a nearly perfect movie. But why, WHY did they have to put a cute kid in it which needs to be saved and makes a would-be-mother out of the main character? That truly sucked.

I agree with you on EP1 but I personally think you're way off as regards Aliens. If it hadn't been for the necessity of saving Newt, they would have just travelled back up to the spaceship and nuked the Aliens, thus missing out all the tension of the conflict with the Queen.

As it stands, some parts of the film were a little weak but I can't criticise them for having the kid as a "damsel in distress".

EP1, on the other hand, was an utterly atrocious film in almost every respect. It was basically a few set-pieces (Pod race + Darth Maul fights) botched together with a rubbish storyline which directly contradicted lots of events in Episodes 4-6 and utterly ignored the many Star Wars books which have been published, some of which are pretty good. The acting was appalling

I quite enjoyed EP2, it must be said although the bits when the Anakin/Amidala planks of wood weren't on screen were best. EP1 = Anakin is a screaming little kid. EP2 = Anakin is a whining brat.

_xxx_ said:

As far as kids in films go, Aliens probably did it as well as possible.

If you see the extended version, you find that Ripley had a daughter the same age as Newt when she left on the Nostromo in the first film. Due to her long coldsleep at the end of the first film, Ripley's daughter has grown old and died of a terminal disease.

The whole point of Newt in the film was that Ripley feels an overwhelming maternal instinct to save Newt. Newt is the last survivor and becomes a substitute for the daughter Ripley lost, and it's this driving need to save Newt that makes Ripley go back and confront the Alien Queen. Without Newt, there would be no confrontation with the queen in the atmospheric processor (which makes the movie go from "loads of alien swarm" to "personal"), and no final alien/loader fight in the dock of the marine ship.

I dunno, I look at how they could have done Anakin in EP2 and how they couldnt have done him. In the end I dont think it really matters, Until I "see" episode 3 and decide if the charactor building is actually leading into something. Since he is supposively more mature/evil in the 3rd.. I can see why Lucas opted for such a young actor. I have been rewatching Episode 4-6 and its amazing how Much Luke aged from the beginning to end. And really all this stuff occurred through a short period of time.

In contrast, Star Wars 1-2-3 occured over long periods of time as far as I can tell.

Mariner & Bouncing:

Aliens is my very favorite movie along Blade Runner, I'm not bashing it!

As for going back to save Newt, it could have been some other reason as well, that's easy. For instance, the switch which will release whatever explosive material needed to start the chain reaction, or whatever blah. If Newt wasn't there, the movie could have been the coolest, scariest thing ever. This way it is only almost the coolest, scariest thing ever :D

As for Star Wars, Lucas always tries to produce movies that appeal to a very broad audience. That's why so many cheap clichés are in there, be it kids, cute robots, pod race, love story, whatever.

Imagine the whole Star Wars thingy with all that crap cut out. Just pure action/sci-fi. Now that might be a really good sci-fi, I believe. Though it would be enough for only one or max. two movies then.

BTW, I'd really like to get the opportunity to produce a sequel to Aliens. It would feel very much like the best moments in Doom3, through and through (with a nice story, of course - and without any sugar) 8)

I've seen the AvP trailer and it seems to be crap. Such a pitty if that should be true (which I believe will be the case) :cry:

Back