Star Citizen, Roberts Space Industries - Chris Roberts' life support and retirement fund [2012-]

Noob question
When this if finally finished do you just buy it like a normal game, is it a monthly fee, is it free but with microtransactions (or macro transactions seeing some of the prices)
you buy it and it still has transactions or a monthly fee with transactions?

Sounds like they are remaking Battlecruiser 3000ad

When it's finished your grandson will buy it for 3 million zorblog credits on the MS PlayStation 12 store.

New letter from the Chairman about the past and the near future of this game. The last letter was from the end of 2020.
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/18696-Letter-From-The-Chairman

Short summary video about that long letter from the chairman

__

Yearly Invictus week just launched
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/18683-Invictus-Launch-Week-2952-Details

Invictus week shedule
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/invictuslaunchweek2952#/schedule/anvil-aerospace

Invictus trailer

Other summary videos

When it's finished your grandson will buy it for 3 million zorblog credits on the MS PlayStation 12 store.

I think the plan is that money is no longer used by then so no need to worry about marketing or finances. Although the game may lose some appeal if before it is finished, the warp barrier is broken, the Vulcans arrive and the Federation+Star Fleet are founded for real

Leaked Squadron 42 footage with added music. Supposedly two years old.

Nobody can tell me that the assets are not up to date. Everything looks great. This even makes most Hollywood big-budget productions look cheap in comparison when it comes to spaceships and environments. Hopefully the lighting will be prepared for pathtracing.

I hope the script is good as well. It would be a shame to spend so much money and then not have a good script.
__

Chris Roberts talking 2 hours about Squadron 42

Some clips from these 2 hours

Power gameplay on space ships

Last edited:
SC in virtual reality

Without VR

I hate the politics and all behind this project, but i gotta love the technology. This is what i imagined 'next gen' would look like 3/4 years ago but never really happened. SC aint more than a large tech demo of some sorts and probably always will be.

It bothers me that they show so little. CIG says they want to protect us from spoilers. In the last few years I have completely changed my opinion about spoilers.

The panic about spoilers is infantile. In the end the form is always the most important. How something is told. The content is not so important. There can be the game/film with the same plot in an outstanding realisation, acting, setting, camera work etc. and in a very bad realisation. How many heist films are there, some of which are great and some of which are rubbish. If suspense and plot are in the foreground then I play a game or watch a film only once. If, on the other hand, the realisation is artistic, as in Dune, I can watch it umpteen times even if I should soon know every sentence by heart. By the way, in Dune there is also an outstanding realisation and a bad one. Same content, completely different realisation. A differenty movie. The same scenes leave a much smaller impression in Dune from 1984.

If the plot were the most important thing it would be enough to read a synopsis in Wikipedia. Developers don't have to show everything but from my point of view they can show a lot. That doesn't make a game worse.

Last edited:
DX11 legacy code will likely be removed by the December patch Alpha 3.18. At the moment the render thread of their new Gen12 renderer is 50 to 100 % faster in CPU limiting scenes. Vulkan and more optimizartion updates will follow. Cant wait go get better frametimes in the future.

Starts at 6:20

Thanks, i appreciate it guys  
I tried to keep it as simple as possible while giving some visuals, which is really hard to do for a complex topic like that.
Hoping to do more in the future now that we so close to launch and can work on smaller bits.
it took years to get it to this point since it was basically rewriting the entire old CE3.5 renderer. Also, greetings from Frankfurt

Last edited:
Heh. I guess buying stuff like that is normal for MMO sorts though.

Last edited:
Heh. I guess buying stuff like that is normal for MMO sorts though.
believe it or not the majority of my ships were under $100 . The two mustangs were free from amd video cards(I think i spent $10 to upgrade from the omega to th delta) the mpuv cargo was also free as a friend used my referal code during that offer. Oh the sabre raven was free. Work at that time bought an optiane drive and it came free with it. Instead of throwing it out I was allowed to keep it.

I bought the Cutter cause its only $45 and has LTI on it right now. I figured i could either gift it to a friend later on or use it to upgrade to ship I might wnat down the road.

As long as Chris Roberts has his Gold Mansion and Rocket powered car, he is happy just to be fortunate enough to make a game where you can travel the cosmos by spaceship in search of truth and adventure.

Star citizen Nov total raised $23m. Most in a single month.
2022 so far at a 108m beating last years 86m

They do have some promotions for the holiday

1670881734557.png

Also if you do want to join the game as a new player either ask a friend who plays for their referral code or one of us in the forum . Both the person referring you and you the person signing up will get a free ship

Luminalia 2952 Referral Bonus​

Head into Luminalia with the little cargo hauler that can with our latest referral bonus.
Everyone that brings a new pilot into the ‘verse before January 10 will get an Argo MPUV for free along with the usual referral rewards. Just make sure your friend uses your referral code when they create their account!

Of course the person referring can only get one.

Back