Stadia, Google Game Streaming platform [2019-2021]

And that means market division due to fragmentation in several exclusivities along the services, decrease in quality of games, GAAS model with content delivered over time, usage of profitability models like the ones used in smartphones, meaning microtransactions and lootboxes...So i guess that future will only happen if Gamers want it. And that decision is in the gamers wallets.
In terms of expenditure, looking at Fortnite and FIFA and mobile gaming, the populace are very happy with GaaS and MTs. There also isn't an inherent reduction in quality of games due to streaming. Games can actually be bigger and better than a console can deliver if cost isn't an issue. You could have the equivalent of 5x a console powering a game, being time-shared across 5+ users throughout the day, so each user gets 5x better game than a <$400 console can deliver. Visual quality and responsiveness are the only things guaranteed to suffer, but that'll reduce over time as the internet gets better. Virgin Media is trialling multigigabit networks this year. The real conundrum will be backbone speed in input latency which will always be considerably worse.

Although you are 100% correct, what I see when looking at the profits of those games, is not gaming... Its a sort of either gambling or extorsion! Those games generate profits because they get money from you.
Although playbility on those games is excelent, if that is the future of gaming, I will pass on it. That is the model I speak when talking about smartphones. Microtransactions inside games, and means to make you feel good on spending.
I like games to be fun, not to be messing with my wallet if I want to keep up with others. I prefer to buy one game and playing it at my pace, without extra expenses.
This is my oppinion though. Not forcing others to agree with me!

Last edited:
logo unveiled

201931823123686_1.jpg

I'm not reading too much in their podium choices, but ET is the poster child for too much inventory. Landfill creating physical media is disgusting in this day and age (ownership and preservation, while related, should be a separate issue)

I'm not reading too much in their podium choices, but ET is the poster child for too much inventory. Landfill creating physical media is disgusting in this day and age (ownership and preservation, while related, should be a separate issue)
nice theory. the message probably is, this is abominable

That's an interesting perspective.

Even if the others wasn't profitable I would still say that the dreamcast at least holds a positive place in many peoples hearts.

The podium choices must have a message they want to give, your E.T. one sounds on point to me. Even if you end up being wrong :LOL:

Although you are 100% correct, what I see when looking at the profits of those games, is not gaming... Its a sort of either gambling or extorsion! Those games generate profits because they get money from you.
Although playbility on those games is excelent, if that is the future of gaming, I will pass on it. That is the model I speak when talking about smartphones. Microtransactions inside games, and means to make feel good on spending.
I like games to be fun, not be messing with my wallet if I want to keep up with others. I prefer to buy one game and playing it at my pace, without extra expenses.
This is my oppinion though. Not forcing others to agree with me!

That's the opinion of so many people that, at least for the forseeable future, the traditional gaming model is most likely not going to go anywhere. Games successfully performing the tightrope act of being free to play while not feeling like extortionate spouses at the same time are still few and far between I think. Warframe is the one people are generally gushing about. Cannot think of many others.

Phil Harrison certainly looks much more mature, different from the young lad at Sony's conference

Game Streaming Platform.

Cue the "fuck the right off" responses...

I wonder if the 10TFlop the single instance has is a clue to what next gen might provide? It is using AMD tech.

Back