[Spoiler] tag for the forum?

Zaphod

Remember
Veteran
There's the occasional bickering regarding which threads should be regarded spoiler-safe, and which are not. This tends to derail on-topic discussion with discussion about whether or not spoilers are on topic.

While a strict policy regarding spoilers should solve this, wouldn't it be easier to add a little bit of CSS trickery to the template implemanting a collapsible
tag? I'm sure there's a variety of existing solutions to choose from (for example this semi-official one).

Please consider.

Last edited by a moderator:
From moi pour toi (Scroll right down):

In case you want to discuss critical story elements, etc. by not spoiling parts of the games, here is the code to create spoiler tags:

[*color=#FDFDFD]This is a spoiler tag - the "*"[*/color].

e.g.
SPOILER:
This is a spoiler tag - the "*".

ALTERNATE VERSION
[*quote=Spoiler]
[*color=#ececec]This is a spoiler tag - the "*"[*/color][*/quote]

Spoiler said:
This is a spoiler tag - the "*"

Well, yes. Of course that's one way of doing it. However, as I have little faith in humanity, I think this is a little bit too inaccessible for it to garner widespread use amongst your forum hopefuls (edit: besides, it's not perfect for all skins)... ;)

It (some bickering, that is) still tends to happen though, so (unless there are performance issues) I still think it's a good idea. Collapsible spoiler tags have other uses too; for example to hide inline code, images, post 'sidebars', and other such things that have their place in a thread, yet often clutter up readability.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you know that
Darth Vader is Luke Skywalker's son?!
and that
Luke Skywaler and Princess Leia are twins?!
... wooo!

[noparse]
this is a spoiler hidden by a clickable button
[/noparse]
this is a spoiler hidden by a clickable button

You see how you are? Why we should do any work for you when you just turn around and make *more* work from it. . .

Yeah, I figured. However, Jewish women have never intimidated me (at lest not in that particular way...), so it was the grumpy old bearded man behind the imitation who got me scared straight! ;)

Back