Splinter Cell (PSP) pics!

mckmas8808 said:
tom-clancys-splinter-cell-essentials--20060112102552124.jpg

tom-clancys-splinter-cell-essentials--20060112110912311.jpg

Third Pic

It's amazing. The lighting in this game is out of this world. I wonder what it will look like in motion.:oops:

OMG, forget the lighting, check out the fog! If it can do that without a framerate drop, that's pretty impressive. Now that we have better screenshots of it, I'd say this game looks on par with the average ps2 release now, though the rest of the psp lineup needs to catch up, and the best psp stuff still doesn't match the best ps2.

These new screens look somewhere between SC1 and SC:CT (PS2 versions) to me:
Although you would need to see it in motion to know how it truly compares.

Fox5 said:
MGS2 was the first of PS2 games that truly looked next gen
Maybe the first to be a truly significant leap from DC, but uh, otherwise intial PS2 titles blitzed anything else (SSX, TS, TTT et al.). There was no confusion at the time, let me tell you.

Fox5 said:
I'd say this game looks on par with the average ps2 release now, though the rest of the psp lineup needs to catch up, and the best psp stuff still doesn't match the best ps2.
I agree. But with this, Daxter and SF its happening slowly. I think most devs don't want to spend as much money on a handheld game than a console game though.

Nicked said:
These new screens look somewhere between SC1 and SC:CT (PS2 versions) to me:
Although you would need to see it in motion to know how it truly compares.

Maybe the first to be a truly significant leap from DC, but uh, otherwise intial PS2 titles blitzed anything else (SSX, TS, TTT et al.). There was no confusion at the time, let me tell you.

I agree. But with this, Daxter and SF its happening slowly. I think most devs don't want to spend as much money on a handheld game than a console game though.

True.

And yeah, I guess I was comparing MGS2 to DC games. Prior to MGS2, DC games still looked better than PS2, while MGS2 was basically a "no turning back" point where the PS2 finally started to show itself as a more powerful system than the DC.

mckmas8808 said:
Honestly do you guys think that Sony is letting some devs use the full 333 Mhz now with some of these new games?

We'll find out if battery life for these new games drops to under an hour.

I'd be pleasantly surprised if developers are still coding with a 222 Mhz-clocked PSP. Some of the latest results are freaking amazing.

fireshot said:

Played some more SSX On Tour last night and it's definately the better looking game than SSX on PS2 was. The particle effects are better/more extensive and there's more going on. I'd say the levels are bigger as well.

This is coming from someone who has played SSX on PS2 extensively (Master with most characters).

Fox5 said:
We'll find out if battery life for these new games drops to under an hour.

Witch it wont.
If you do a little google you can see that guys that played games like Wipeout and RidgeRacer gets a hell lot more time than 1 hour, drop that argument.

I dont know Sonys plans for new batterys but the latest official one released is 2200 so i dont know how much progress they are doing. I guess they will raise it with a firmware in time when a newer battery is avaliable

I think the batterylife is overdramated, watched two Transcodedmovies about 3 hours and played RR for 1 1/2 hour and still have 48% left on the battery so im quite happy with that time.

Back