Spitefulness on this board

Nite_Hawk

Veteran
More and more these days it seems like people are acting particularly maliciously toward each other when they encounter opinions they disagree with. I'm guessing pretty much anyone who has visited the politics forum sees it, but it's been growing on other parts of this board too, and it's not just the new posters either.

I've been visiting here since before the switch to the new website, and while I don't think the quality of the technical discussions has really gone down at all, people are getting vicious, and I'm really starting to get sick of it. Sure there have been heated arguments in the past, but it seems like the general attitude these days is to win an argument by attacking the other person without actually responding to what they are saying.

I guess I'll stop posting in anything but strictly technical or joke discussions anymore. Beyond3D isn't as much fun as it used to be.

Nite_Hawk

dunno, i am acctually surprised how some things in Politics are lately.... and in positive way.

i used ignore to cool off twice for now and after some time i removed people from the list. i think thats great feature cause it helps to cool things down instead of going on insulting rampage....

Nite_Hawk said:
I guess I'll stop posting in anything but strictly technical or joke discussions anymore. Beyond3D isn't as much fun as it used to be.

Nite_Hawk

Just wait until ATI announces/releases R520 and the f@nboys start declaring fatwas on each other.

dig_ati.jpg

hehe.... couldnt resist.....

don't worry about the politics forum, we are used to it :mrgreen:, but for the rest, hmmm if it makes you feel sick than it is time to let i go a litte, but I guess people's opinions shouldn't be taken to harshly even if it is meant to be insulting, after all they speak about themselves more than about you when they behave that way... ;)

I guess thats the bad thing about Reputation points....I mean look at me...I made the mistake of putting a banana peel in front of a known B3D user...he/she then coded an automatic reputation-downer script :(

I'm jk of course....or am I?11

That reputation mechanism is a bad thing IMO.

And yeah we don't have tech discussions like in the past, at a high level and only about the good/bad of a given technic/technology...
That's rather sad.

I don't like the fact that people are downplaying each other source instead of discussing the validity of the points/infos provided... (Thinking about the John Carmack keynotes thread, but it already happened in the past.)

There also seems that the manufacturers are hiding more and more, or their staff isn't telling anything aside marketing guys...

There are still good things going on, though.

Nite_Hawk said:
Woohoo, I got a negative reputation point for my post. :rolleyes:
One can only hope that was someone's twisted, misguided sense of humor, because really, you made a good post.

How? It's not in the FAQ.

Neeyik said:
With regards to the reputation thing, why not just disable it if it bothers you?

Back OT:

There are only 2 people who get in my face.
Gunden and Silence.

I only have a problem with them replying to my posts. Everyone else is fine.

Neeyik said:
With regards to the reputation thing, why not just disable it if it bothers you?

Grmblb... sure, how ?
Checked lots of pages w/o finding, gonna ask google...

Funny how some of the people telling everyone how they don't care about Reputation or how useless it is, are the ones asking how to deactivate it... :p

london-boy said:
Funny how some of the people telling everyone how they don't care about Reputation or how useless it is, are the ones asking how to deactivate it... :p

Never liked user rating mechanism.
Always was against stuff like User Status given post count and such...
(Still didn't find how to disable that thingy and it's pissing me off now.)

OT:
Where do Gunden and Silence post ?
They aren't on any of my lists :devilish:

Yeah, I think only Adminstrators can turn it off. Can it be done globally?

Back