*spin-off* Wherefores of publishers showing off games on specific platforms

Crytek said EA want to show only 360 version for now, to promote the game, but even Crytek ignore the reason of this choice ...
Its quite untypical to EA since they do like to show of games on PS3,they showed quite "affection" towards Sony.

Do they actually address potential game engine licensees with the same press blurbs that are meant to entice consumers to purchase their game? I don't believe that to be the case.

It's a fps shooter what other platform better to promote it on then 360.

No reason not to promote on PS3 as well though. The same YouTube video can be watched by 360 and PS3 gamers.

May be business arrangement ? Same for DeadSpace 2.

EDIT: Or they want to surprise us ? :p

EDIT 2:
The core gamers know C2 will be out for both PS3 and 360, but the bulk of the CoD crowd may not. If nothing is mentioned for the PS3, they may think C2 is only available on 360. Will there be TV blitz only for 360 ? ^_^ What about bundle ?

Considering PS3 versions of multi platform games have a name for being sloppy ports gives them every reason to show it off. Deliberate not showing it just makes them look suspicious. Not doing a PS3 beta is asking for a buggy game. And again no PS3 demo makes them look suspicious. This quite a horrible way to market a game.

Considering PS3 versions of multi platform games have a name for being sloppy ports gives them every reason to show it off. Deliberate not showing it just makes them look suspicious. Not doing a PS3 beta is asking for a buggy game. And again no PS3 demo makes them look suspicious. This quite a horrible way to market a game.
Yea but Crysis 2 is technically not a 360 port,its developed simultaneously on all 3 platforms.

It's a fps shooter what other platform better to promote it on then 360.
It doesn't mean other console gamers don't like them though.

It's extremely unpleasant to those who don't own some given console, so they don't have to resort to exclusive titles as if they were the second advent of Christ every time a new game with excellent technical features comes out to compare it to.

Basically, gaming is a spectrum, and while PC gamers don't mind at all, for us console gamers a better, preferential treatment can come out as exclusive content, generating bad vibe.

I understand your point in a way, though, because it really DOES seem like there are fourty million different FPSs on the 360. No kidding, boy... but there're games for almost everything...

Crysis 2 is a technical showcase that should be shown running on every platform.

The reason they showed Crysis 2 on Xbox 360 is that they wanted to show off the 3D engine on the Xbox 360 because that was considered the weakest of the 3 platforms for 3D. In this case they were probably trying to under promise and over deliver because the expectation would be that if 3D is good on the 360 then it'd be even better on the PS3.

It doesn't mean other console gamers don't like them though.

It's extremely unpleasant to those who don't own some given console, so they don't have to resort to exclusive titles as if they were the second advent of Christ every time a new game with excellent technical features comes out to compare it to.

Basically, gaming is a spectrum, and while PC gamers don't mind at all, for us console gamers a better, preferential treatment can come out as exclusive content, generating bad vibe.

I understand your point in a way, though, because it really DOES seem like there are fourty million different FPSs on the 360. No kidding, boy... but there're games for almost everything...

Crysis 2 is a technical showcase that should be shown running on every platform.

Yeah but it's kinda strange Ea choose to show 360 version they are usually more ps3 centered in the pr part. Hell i hate console exclusive release day dlc like with deathspace 2 on ps 3 they got a extra game if im not mistaken DS extraction. Or with AC:B ps3 dlc.

I have a rather good feeling for the PS3 version this time. I mean, if they don't show the PS3 version because it's not quite up to par, then why the hell wouldn't they at least show the PC version? (at PC settings that is) It's an undisputed fact that even a low-mid range PC runs circles around both consoles in terms of performance. So yeah, this pretty much has to be a marketing arrangement between EA and MS.

I have a rather good feeling for the PS3 version this time. I mean, if they don't show the PS3 version because it's not quite up to par, then why the hell wouldn't they at least show the PC version? (at PC settings that is) It's an undisputed fact that even a low-mid range PC runs circles around both consoles in terms of performance. So yeah, this pretty much has to be a marketing arrangement between EA and MS.

I'm puzzled as to why people are still saying this? Are people just not paying attention? All the bullshots and non-360 footage they've shown so far are effectively PC footage. Whether the quality of footage and shots will be available during play on PC or not will be dependant on the rig you're playing it on, so regardless of the "settings" of the media they've put out so far, it's undeniable fact that they've already shown both 360 and PC builds (i.e. all the footage shown that wasn't 360 was indeed the PC build of the game).

The PS3 is the only build they haven't shown and this is the thing that makes it the most suspicious.

It's either that they've taken this long to get the PS3 build up to par, or agreeably a marketing arrangement with MS as you say.

May be business arrangement ? Same for DeadSpace 2.

Actually, come to think of it, it very well may be the case for Crytek considering MS has an exclusivity contract for Kingdoms; they may have extended that chumminess for Crysis 2.

Actually, come to think of it, it very well may be the case for Crytek considering MS has an exclusivity contract for Kingdoms; they may have extended that chumminess for Crysis 2.

that is what I've always figured...

MS had a deal for Call of Duty BO.

Sony had a deal for Medal of Honor to counter it.

MS has a deal with EA for Crysis 2 (no incentive for Sony, with it releasing close to Killzone 3)

MS has another Call of Duty deal later this year.

and I expect Sony to have a deal for Battlefield 3 to counter it.

Developers and publishers always complain that preparing demos for shows and conventions takes a lot of resources. Isn't showing only 1 out of 3 SKUs simply saving time and money?

Back