Spiderman 3 Villain Revealed!

Spiderman 3's villian is the green goblin 2 aka harry osborn

Sandman will just be intertwined like harry was in movie 2 .

The whole trilogy is about peter and harry and their relationship .

I thought it was quite obvious from the first movie

jvd said:
Spiderman 3's villian is the green goblin 2 aka harry osborn

Sandman will just be intertwined like harry was in movie 2 .

The whole trilogy is about peter and harry and their relationship .

I thought it was quite obvious from the first movie

Oh... err.. yeah... very obvious...? :oops:

So we're not gonna get Venom? Ever?

I thought it was obvious .

Anyway just as spider-man was a new age hero that had problems and would wise crack while fighting and didn't allways make the right choices , harry was a new villian , he was petes friend , he was a friend of mary janes , they would vist harry and his wife and child .

It would make sense that harry was a big part of petes life in the movies . In the first movie his father becomes green goblin , at the end of the second movie harry finds the geen goblin hide out and in the third movie he beomes the green goblin .

As for venom as much as i love the character it would look pretty bad in the movie imho . Mabye for a part 4 ? Im sure sony is goign to give that cast as much money as they want for another 3 movies if this one does as well as the other 2

jvd said:
I thought it was obvious .

Anyway just as spider-man was a new age hero that had problems and would wise crack while fighting and didn't allways make the right choices , harry was a new villian , he was petes friend , he was a friend of mary janes , they would vist harry and his wife and child .

It would make sense that harry was a big part of petes life in the movies . In the first movie his father becomes green goblin , at the end of the second movie harry finds the geen goblin hide out and in the third movie he beomes the green goblin .

As for venom as much as i love the character it would look pretty bad in the movie imho . Mabye for a part 4 ? Im sure sony is goign to give that cast as much money as they want for another 3 movies if this one does as well as the other 2

But that would make 2 movies with pretty much the same villain (the Green Goblin and the "new" Green Goblin)?! That's not very nice....

I dunno about that . Green goblin is the biggest spiderman villian . He is the cause of it all . besides u got the sandman too so its not just focused on harry

See this is where the movies suck .

Spiderman only continued to exist because of green goblin . he killed gwen stacy and this is what made spiderman stay spiderman.

For those wo don't know gwen stacy was peters first real love . They were together for awhile (i believe she was his second gf ).

The story unfolds sorta like it did in the movie for mary jane . Norman was locked in combat with spiderman , found out who he was and took the thing most important to him gwen stacy and went to thebridge , they faught and he threw her off to escape. Peter shot th web at her and caught her however the force of the line going taunt snaped her neck .

After this the cops went after him thinking he killed her . he chased the goblin and almost killed him before stoping himself .

During his time of morning mary jane was there to comfert him .

Now recently it was reveled that she had an affair with norman and had children and that is why he picked her .

However i don't like that part hehe

me want venom

aaawwwww :(

i thought venom was going to be in the movie...

there were rumors before saying that Topher grace was going to play as venom...

VENOM AND SANDMAN will be the villians in the new flick. Apparently.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/news/comments/?entryid=245397

Hanh Nguyen over at Zap2it.com shares a great little scoop that he got from Kirsten Dunst during her "Elizabethtown" press junket. We all know that Thomas Haden Church and Topher Grace will be portraying the "Spider-Man 3" villains known as Venom and Sandman

Which is quite plausible. Having the green goblin back so soon is just lamewad.

Who the hell is Sandman!???!
churchth.jpg

Looks pretty badass.

Last edited by a moderator:
Having the Hob Goblin would just be a rehashed Spiderman (1). They need to add new Villians with each installment.

london-boy said:
Geee i didn't know all that.....

My very first Spider-man comic was the issue right after Gwen died. I was one very confused 8-year-old reading that comic and having no idea what was going on.

John Reynolds said:
My very first Spider-man comic was the issue right after Gwen died. I was one very confused 8-year-old reading that comic and having no idea what was going on.

Yeah i can only imagine the things that can happen to a story in more than 50 years (or whatever age Spiderman is today).
I was a Superman boy and well, i just stopped one day (after he went all electric and split in 2, one blue and one red... shortly after that) cause it was just going too over the top, i was broke, didn't have time and well, today i wouldn't have a clue what happened in the last 8-9 years or so...

Problem is jvd, Norman didn't exactly die at the time when Gwen did. If the movies did follow the actual storyline then Norman would come back years or so after Venom and Carnage are introduced.

Sony isn't dumb and I do imagine they would go far enough in hiring a new director if Sam Raimi doesn't want to be in for a 4th movie. Venom simply is a must because he is a much bigger part of the Spiderman universe than the Green Goblin ever was. It doesn't matter that Norman killed Gwen Stacy, the relationship between Venom and Spiderman, or Peter Parker and Eddie Brock, is much more intertwined and complex.

BlueTsunami said:
Having the Hob Goblin would just be a rehashed Spiderman (1). They need to add new Villians with each installment.

The hob goblin isn't harry. The hob goblin is just another bad guy. harry is the green goblin like his father

Yeah i can only imagine the things that can happen to a story in more than 50 years (or whatever age Spiderman is today).
I was a Superman boy and well, i just stopped one day (after he went all electric and split in 2, one blue and one red... shortly after that) cause it was just going too over the top, i was broke, didn't have time and well, today i wouldn't have a clue what happened in the last 8-9 years or so...

go and pick up the crisis they are rebooting the dcu

Or go pick up the new marvel story line i believe its called m . In the 6th issue wanda (scarlet witch) said no more mutants and the next issue 99.9% of mutants were gone . So the marvel universe is almost empty of mutatnts . Magneto has no power , iceman has no power , professer x is missing .

Sonic said:
Problem is jvd, Norman didn't exactly die at the time when Gwen did. If the movies did follow the actual storyline then Norman would come back years or so after Venom and Carnage are introduced.

Sony isn't dumb and I do imagine they would go far enough in hiring a new director if Sam Raimi doesn't want to be in for a 4th movie. Venom simply is a must because he is a much bigger part of the Spiderman universe than the Green Goblin ever was. It doesn't matter that Norman killed Gwen Stacy, the relationship between Venom and Spiderman, or Peter Parker and Eddie Brock, is much more intertwined and complex.

Actually in the comic world he was dead untill i believe 2002 when he was introduced for a quick story line .

Norman was a huge part of the spiderman uinverse , i really don't know where your getting he isn't . He killed gwen . He is much bigger than venom . Venom is an alien suit that was introduced during the secret wars .

Green goblin is what kept peter staying as spiderman and green goblin 2 (harry) was peters biggest archnemisis and also his best friend till 98 ( i believe) when he too died from the super potion that gave him his strength . Then we find out that normand had children with gwen stacy and that her daughter is still out in the world thus draging up all of peters guilt and pain . Compared to all of what the goblins did venom is a walk in the park .

venom really became famos cause the dude who did spawn wrote a really good story about the two of them todd mcfarline i believe .

Trust me i have a huge collection of comics some dating as far back as the late 60s (my uncles collection) way before i was even thought of .

I know much about the history of the characters .

Sony isn't stupid which is why they went with the goblin family they have a nice circle in thier first trilogy . Father tries to replace harry with peter , Father dies by his own hand and son blames spiderman. Son hunts down spiderman and finds out he is his best friend that his father tried to replace him with , son steps into his fathers shoes finaly (what his father pushed him to do in the first movie) Son goes to hunt and kill his best friend

Works very well in the trilogy .

The whole venom story line wouldnt be told properly in one movie

jvd said:
The hob goblin isn't harry. The hob goblin is just another bad guy. harry is the green goblin like his father

Oh. I never knew that, thats actually cool to know. I always thought Harry was the Hob Goblin :)

Back