Spider-Man 2 [PS5]

Australian Spiderman 2 advertising gives Spring 2023 as release window.

Some australian people on era told they saw the ad on TV.

Another one with Horizon

Last edited:
Legendary
@insomniacgames
Will Feature And Build Upon The

#RatchetAndClank World Shifting.

Meaning Get Ready For The Next Level Of What A Multi-Verse Looks Like In #gaming

Also GRAPHICALLY & GAMEPLAY Wise This Is Thee Most Open And Fluid Experience You Will See So Far This Generation.

Before Other Outlets Steal This Content And Claim They Broke It. Look At This Video Link So You Can Know Who's Been Breaking Spider-Man 2 Stories Before Everyone Else.

This IS from hiphopgamer

Legendary
@insomniacgames
Will Feature And Build Upon The

#RatchetAndClank World Shifting.

Meaning Get Ready For The Next Level Of What A Multi-Verse Looks Like In #gaming

Also GRAPHICALLY & GAMEPLAY Wise This Is Thee Most Open And Fluid Experience You Will See So Far This Generation.

Before Other Outlets Steal This Content And Claim They Broke It. Look At This Video Link So You Can Know Who's Been Breaking Spider-Man 2 Stories Before Everyone Else.

This IS from hiphopgamer
We now know he was full of shit.

I get the impression that the game is in a very tight schedule probably due to Insomniac working on two projects simultaneously. There are many elements that show "hasty" work. Manhattan was pretty much reused from the old game.

NPCs lack expressions despite the mayhem in the trailer at 9:50
Grass and many other objects cast zero shadows, unlike Fordbidden West's. You can see this at the beginning of the trailer. Thats why it looked so flat.
AF in the beginning of the trailer is also super flat.
Near the end of the trailer at around 10:52 you can see black seams at the wooden poles, which is probably where the UV cuts were made and dont fall properly on the texture. Again at that section you can see many objects that have zero shadows giving it a flat look.
The Venom suit, has low res normals and even during the cut scenes, spidy's model exhibit lower geometry and lower res textures than his cut scene model in Spider Man 1.

The game's visuals are certainly less polished than other efforts from Insmomniac. This is very very unlike them.

That analysis is quite good. Lot's of LoD issues that need to be ironed out.
wondering if a lot of it is due to the symbiot suit powers. Lots of cool looking transformations from that game play. Also if this is a fall release they still have a good 3-5 months of polish maybe a little more

Also the static water physic during one cutscene when spidey and Miles chase the boats. But weirdly the second phase of the sequence when miles is surfing on the water looks like it has proper physic. I noticed some shadows drawing out inside the buiilding gameplay when Miles is infiltrating. I don't really like the kind of ugly muddy texture of the symbiote on Spidey armor.
On another hand the animation looks greatly improved. I like the more agressive animation of spidey.

If you want to be generous, spidey 2 is full of small improvements in many areas. But they don't come all together into something trully transformative. The PS5 Remaster of the 1st was more transformative than this.

It's coming to soon after Miles and the remaster, and its probably not insomniac's A team behind it. A lot of things are ugly not even because of power constraint, but poor artistic decisions, or lack of polish, like the gooey water physics for example. Once you already have water physics in place, it takes no extra processing to get speed of movement and viscosity right, just someone taking the time to ajust those knobs...

This could have been a jaw dropper were sony to let it bake for longer, but then we would not be seeing any of it today. A better Spidey two would have meant a worst 2023 PS Showcase. The AAA industry looks indeed very troubled right now...

Last edited:
Too much Miles for now imo. I don't like the caracter, that's not what I want for spiderman 2. But let see the full game. And yeah I was not impressed by the présentation.

Too much Miles for now imo. I don't like the caracter, that's not what I want for spiderman 2. But let see the full game. And yeah I was not impressed by the présentation.
The game didn't need it. But I fear that Sony execs wanted their own "GTA5" with characters switch. I fear they'll announce at some point some kind of Spider-man Online mode. :runaway:

I dont see anything wrong with controlling both. That possibly opens new game mechanics. I also liked how the game blended the two characters' gameplay by switching. I just hope the game looks better and doesnt take place in the same city setting too much again.

Back