Spider-Man 2 [PS5]

The map will be two times bigger and they add Brooklyn and Queens

-The gameplay video showed new locations, but how much more area has been added in this title?

Bryan Intihar: We've added Queens and Brooklyn to the map, which makes it roughly twice the size of our previous work. These two neighborhoods are a bit smaller and more residential, so they have a different charm than Manhattan. We have prepared some unexpected situations that we have never seen before, such as battles using the river that runs between the neighborhoods, so please look forward to them.

We’re going to heal the world.
The Spider-Men, Peter Parker and Miles Morales, enter new chapters in their lives as they balance their responsibilities as protectors of Marvel’s New York. As Harry Osborne, Peter’s best friend, returns into his life, and Miles looks to build his future beyond high school, the relationship between our heroes is tested and strained as the Symbiote appears to threaten them, the city, and the ones they love.
Developed by Insomniac Games in collaboration with Marvel Games and PlayStation, Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 continues the saga of the critically acclaimed Marvel’s Spider-Man franchise.

This looks much nicer than PlayStation Showcase reveal.

Edit:
Here's your look at the trailer for the PlayStation 5 console - Marvel's Spider-Man 2 Limited Edition Bundle, featuring a symbiote takeover design. The bundle includes a PS5 console with Limited Edition console covers, a Limited Edition DualSense wireless controller, a voucher for a digital copy of the game, and pre-order incentive items.
Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 Limited Edition accessories can also be purchased separately, including the DualSense Wireless Controller – Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 Limited Edition, PlayStation 5 Console Covers – Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 Limited Edition, and PlayStation 5 Digital Edition Console Covers – Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 Limited Edition.
The Limited Edition PS5 Bundle will be available on September 1, 2023. Marvel's Spider-Man 2 will be available on PlayStation 5 on October 20, 2023.

Last edited:
I was down on the PS showcase reveal a bit, but I absolutely LOVED this trailer! Love some of the changes they've made with the characters, and it's looking very perrrrty indeed!

Gonna be tough waiting 2+ years for this to come to PC... lol.

HLbPYVj.gif

I thought the PlayStation Showcase reveal was truly underwhelming, but now, I can see that double dip purchase (PS5/PC) being worth it.

HLbse9I.gif

I'm confused how many people are impressed with this trailer when 99% of it is in-game cinematics and won't look nearly as good. Just go back to the initial reveal and compare those gameplay footage over this footage. They aren't even close to the same.

Not sure if it's me, but I do find their lipsinc a little stiff?

I'm playing D4 and it's noticeably better in cutscenes, but maybe that's because they have hours less of them than S2's likely to have.

Need a comparison against SP1 as the trailer was underwhelming. Was expecting to be blown way after playing Ratchet and Clank.

I think it's kinda undeniable that while it looks better, it's not the super impressive jump from the first two games most of us were hoping for.

Gotta suspect that Insomniac have really focused on efficiency of production, given how fast they're making these games and how much they've got on their plate in general. Which is fine, really. Not like the game isn't still good looking.

Never seen this footage before. IQ looks rough and very artifacty but it's crazy how quickly Insomniac can pump out these set piece heavy games.

Last edited:
Can't wait to dive in onto this game. I'm now going into no more checking anything to be better prepared to be blown away by its magnificence.

F5muiKVWwAAP8d8

Solid improvement to scene density in this shot even if rendering quality is only minimally improved over its predecessors.

Never seen this footage before. IQ looks rough and very artifacty but it's crazy how quickly Insomniac can pump out these set piece heavy games.
Yeah the Image quality is pretty rough in this Most recent Trailer a Lot Break Up.

I Wish they added RTGI for their 30 fps Mode. That Screenshot above Looks mainly Shades by SSAO :/

Yeah the Image quality is pretty rough in this Most recent Trailer a Lot Break Up.

I Wish they added RTGI for their 30 fps Mode. That Screenshot above Looks mainly Shades by SSAO :/
I suppose there isn't much time to overhaul their tech when they release a new, large scale game almost every year.

They are easily top 3 studios in terms of consistently being able to deliver. Their tools or content pipeline, and internal processes is really on another level. They are about to release their 4th PS5 title and their 5th will likely arrive with mid gen. at their current rate they could have up to 10 releases this generation (though realistically closer to 8). No other studio is close in terms of game releases. For some first party studios many of which we are still waiting for their first release!

They chose a technology stack and flew with it. They know precisely what they want to build, and it doesn’t appear they suffer much from re-work. Lots of things to admire here, lots of internal communication to make things run so smoothly imo.

Last edited:
Back