Speculations: How long will PS4 live for? And the PS5?

This is journalist idea, they have no idea how Sony want to launch the PS5. The day PS5 is announced the PS4 Pro is dead and they will probanly sell the PS4 Slim at 199 dollars/euros.
I disagree. As long as they find people ready to pay for it, they'll continue produce it. But we still don't know the price of PS5 (and PS4 in end of 2020) and that will matter a lot about the Pro fate. Sure $199, $299, $399 prices would be bad for Pro, but there could be alternatives like: $149, $249, $399 or $199, $299 and $499

I like the speculations.

That article is downright terrible, IMHO. For some odd reason articles (e.g., kotaku, Engadget, Forbes, etc.) as of lately portray Sony as having a thumb up it's a** pertaining to the future of PS5, PSN and cloud gaming services.

Is it the lack of leaks from Sony that's driving them crazy?

That article is downright terrible, IMHO. For some odd reason articles (e.g., kotaku, Engadget, Forbes, etc.) as of lately portray Sony as having a thumb up it's a** pertaining to the future of PS5, PSN and cloud gaming services.

Is it the lack of leaks from Sony that's driving them crazy?
The conclusion that MS will overtake sony's position is just plain naive. But all signs point to them putting up a much better fight than they did with One. I hope it materializes. The more these two battle it out, the more productive they are.

It got you to click on it, didn't it?

There's no reason to not continue to sell versions of the current boxes for as long as there is money to be made by doing so (and not more to be made by not). Digital storefronts pretty much allow the software support to continue indefinitely.

The conclusion that MS will overtake sony's position is just plain naive.

Microsoft's long-term goals is geared more towards having very [profitable] solid-investments within integrated Xbox platform solutions. I.E., getting the Xbox gaming platform (ecosystem/services) on as many consumer electronic devices (e.g., PC, cellphones, setup boxes, streaming services, etc.) as physically possible. The Xbox hardware (traditional or streaming) is just one entry solution towards loftier Microsoft platform goals. So, I don't believe it's Microsoft's plan to take over any perceived #1 position within the traditional gaming console space. But having a more broad cross-section (appeal) in gaming and service deliverance.​

You guys ate poo again?

I should have known he wasn't a French Pastry Chef... :cry:
giphy.gif

not agree with all that is written in the article... but MS next gen > Sony next gen in term of raw power is something we can give for certain... Sony has no interest to make a new console (expensive) that kills the ps4 around... But a relatively cheap one with that you can play @60 fps ps4 / ps4pro games I would say is something requested...

not agree with all that is written in the article... but MS next gen > Sony next gen in term of raw power is something we can give for certain... Sony has no interest to make a new console (expensive) that kills the ps4 around... But a relatively cheap one with that you can play @60 fps ps4 / ps4pro games I would say is something requested...
What? How can you possible imagine that PlayStation gamers don't want a generational advance any more?? Why was it a good idea to make a PS2 and 'kill' the PS1, but it's not a good idea to make a PS5??

Back