Sound Shape [Vita]

Discussion in 'Console Gaming' started by patsu, Jul 27, 2011.

1. patsu

Legend

Have been eyeing this game since I loved Everyday Shooter. Was waiting for the video to show up on Youtube but it hasn't. 8^(

Sound Shapes for PS Vita: Jonathan Mak Demystifies Music Creation:
    http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011...vita-jonathan-mak-demystifies-music-creation/

(Video inside)

EDIT: Ugh, title should be "Sound Shapes"

2. patsu

Legend

They should integrate and bundle Sound Shapes, Everyday Shooter and other simple music games with Qriocity subscription.

3. AlNets

AlNets ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Moderator Legend

I enjoyed this the most out of the games I got to play at E3. The platform game was kinda fun in a simple novel way, and I wish I had more time with the music creation.

Is there a PSN version?

4. patsu

Legend

My son saw the video since I left it open on the iPad. He immediately demanded me to get it ("Daddy, I want this. I want it now.").

I remember creating a B3D musical game thread. I had some vague idea about a simplified GarageBand. Sound Shapes seems like a tangible answer to that up-in-the-air idea. So I am very keen to check it out. ^_^

It's probably not a practical idea, but I am curious about doing it the opposite way too. Like taking a song and have the game generate a level (kinda like our procedural content thread discussion). The generated levels won't be playable for the most part, but I wonder if it can be used as some sort of navigation or learning framework.

I really do think Sony should grab the guy and have him lead the interactive Qriocity effort. Besides integrating with small music games like Sound Shapes, it is VERY possible to break existing music and dance games into Minis and sell them piecemeal.

5. patsu

Legend

A PSN version may not work as well unless they use Move. :cool:

I think they should make this into a Playstation Suite game and take it to all platforms together with Qriocity.

6. AlNets

AlNets ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Moderator Legend

hm... really? I don't recall anything in particular that necessitated non-conventional controls.

7. patsu

Legend

It uses touch screen, which may be a little awkward when played with dual sticks during creation. The touchscreen phones, pods, pads, Vita and Move seem more a natural fit. Vita will work best since it has dual sticks to guide a ship comfortably, and touchscreen for everything.

8. Arwin

Arwin Now Officially a Top 10 Poster
    Moderator Legend

This game is out in the U.S. on Vita and PS3, buy one get both. Anyone tried it yet? I'll have to wait til next week. I wasn't too bothered by this game so far, but the level creation seems to work very well and GAF is very, very positive. Will very likely get it.

9. minimoke

Newcomer

Can't wait for this to be released in EU/AU!!