SOUL CALIBUR IV - Reviews *

1st i could not see this thread anywhere on the forum and 2nd if its already posted then sorry, i just like to share NEWS

Play Mag UK has recently reviewed Soul Calibur IV and give a nice 94% but there is a bit of fanboy remark in the review, haha

Check here for full review.
http://www.play-mag.co.uk/ps3/games/soul_calibur_iv/soul_calibur_iv.html

Please I am not trying to start a VS was just thought its good that PS3 games are starting to get good reviews even if its by playstation mags. :) but if you feel that this is a VS thread then MOD please remove it. :(

Can't play to pick this up. Ordered a brand new HORI PS3 arcade stick to play with it too.

So many good games being release the end of this month it is insane! Bionic Commando, Pixel Junk Eden, SC4... gah!

Side note, about the URL in the OP. I can hardly understand a word of what they are saying in that video! And I thought I knew english...

How many of the original do you own? :p

LOL, only one copy... two if you consider the [inferior arcade] version on a PS2 Capcom compilation disc... but that's a game I was blowing into my NES to get working long after I'd moved onto SNES. That and M.U.L.E. :p

The rumor is something iike this:
http://www.gamersreports.com/news/8653/vader-coming-to-360-soul-calibur-iv-as-download-screens/

*Update: Just to clarify, the Vader is supposedly going to be a download add-on, that may or may not be charged for, and this comes directly from Namco, not hacked from the disc or fan-hacked or any such sort of trickery. It is likely going to work in reverse for the PS3 version with Yoda, as well. Just to clarify on some speculation we've seen, thanks.

LOL, only one copy... two if you consider the [inferior arcade] version on a PS2 Capcom compilation disc... but that's a game I was blowing into my NES to get working long after I'd moved onto SNES. That and M.U.L.E. :p

Ah M.U.L.E. such a gem. Still one of my fave games ever. Tho I played it on Atari 8-bit and C64.

That got me browsing. OpenMULE looks interesting!

$9.99 for rumble patch is next.

Did they really leave rumble out of the PS3 version? I don't know how they can excuse that one.

Not that I personally care. I will be playing with an arcade stick. TWIMTBP.

On the bright side, Namco is quite good about patching their games and adding downloading features. Tekken5 DR got fixes, patches, new modes, a dojo, and stuff (granted I had to play for the online part). Compare that to VF5 which Sega has never patched even once.

I'm the only one to find this game ugly, after watching SF4 I can only think about how ugly it looks.

I'm pretty sure that the wii support has hurt here.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm the only one to find this game ugky, after watching SF4 I con only think about how ugly it looks.

I'm pretty sure that the wii support has hurt here.

I think it looks outstanding.

The Wii does not get SC4. It's not a factor. You must be thinking of Soul Calibur Legends. That is a totally different game.

MY bad, but I still find it ugly (especially the 360 version that is a blurry mess), a matter of taste I guess;)

I love what capcom did with Street fighter bringing back the old 2D "cartoony" look to this genre.
Anyway I loved the game on dreamcast so, I may choose the fun before the look.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back