Sony PlayStation VR2 (PSVR2)

He keeps comparing to "PCVR" as if that's a specific headset and never specifies what headset he's using. By the number of times he compares to Quest 2 though I can only assume it's that, which isn't exactly a fair comparison considering it's not targetting the high end while being cheaper than PSVR2 and fully standalone.

Also his comments on performance seem to be largely nonsense.

Here's the 7900XT running the game in VR at Ultra settings and a higher resolution than PSVR2 at native 90hz:

As you can see it's not dropping any significant frames and is usually running with excess of 60% GPU headroom. The 3080Ti that he's using is a little slower in non-VR games but usually as fast or faster in VR so there's no way at all he's not getting a completely smooth experience in that game with that hardware unless something is really wrong.

He keeps comparing to "PCVR" as if that's a specific headset and never specifies what headset he's using. By the number of times he compares to Quest 2 though I can only assume it's that, which isn't exactly a fair comparison considering it's not targetting the high end while being cheaper than PSVR2 and fully standalone.

Also his comments on performance seem to be largely nonsense.

Here's the 7900XT running the game in VR at Ultra settings and a higher resolution than PSVR2 at native 90hz:

As you can see it's not dropping any significant frames and is usually running with excess of 60% GPU headroom. The 3080Ti that he's using is a little slower in non-VR games but usually as fast or faster in VR so there's no way at all he's not getting a completely smooth experience in that game with that hardware unless something is really wrong.
He for sure doesnt have deep hw knowledge but on the other hand just sharing his experience which in vr space he has quite a big.

How many more reviews do we have to suffer through stating "PSVR2 is better than PCVR" while using Quest 2 as the basis of comparison?

Quest 2 does not = PCVR. Its like these channels have no understanding of the PCVR market at all. Talking as if its an advantage of the actual PSVR2 game itself over the "PCVR version" that the PSVR2 version is sharper than on the Quest 2..... which is a lower resolution headset.... is seriously lacking in technical competence.

That said, if the game has genuine technical deficits on PC (e.g. more popping textures as mentioned) then that's a real problem, albeit one with the game itself as opposed to the hardware. Again the reviewers putting this down to "the advantages of optimising for a single system" while ignoring the fact that 99% of all other games manage to look better on PC regardless demonstrates a pretty lacking knowledge of the overall gaming landscape.

Why do you post all these videos and write nothing? I don't even watch em unless given a reason to.

I need to go read some reviews of this game. I might be interested but it needs to be a lot more fleshed out in the gameplay than the original was. The fakey decisions of little impact, weapons that break down after a clip or two (or a few swings), enemies respawning in the next room, time limits, etc got really old. I still played through it 2.5 times because it has atmosphere and some exploration. The visuals are a secondary concern really. It's still cartoony.

Last edited:
How many more reviews do we have to suffer through stating "PSVR2 is better than PCVR" while using Quest 2 as the basis of comparison?

Quest 2 does not = PCVR. Its like these channels have no understanding of the PCVR market at all. Talking as if its an advantage of the actual PSVR2 game itself over the "PCVR version" that the PSVR2 version is sharper than on the Quest 2..... which is a lower resolution headset.... is seriously lacking in technical competence.

That said, if the game has genuine technical deficits on PC (e.g. more popping textures as mentioned) then that's a real problem, albeit one with the game itself as opposed to the hardware. Again the reviewers putting this down to "the advantages of optimising for a single system" while ignoring the fact that 99% of all other games manage to look better on PC regardless demonstrates a pretty lacking knowledge of the overall gaming landscape.
The real question is why does this bother you deeply?

Reactions: snc
The real question is why does this bother you deeply?

For the same reason all misinformation "bothers me deeply" (if you consider a slightly irked forum post "bothered deeply" - you should see how I react to pro brexit propaganda or climate change denialism).... I dislike misinformation in all its forms. In the most extreme cases it's dangerous, in trivial cases like this it can lead to incorrect perceptions which have the potential to impact people's purchasing decisions to their detriment.

People deserve to be properly and accurately informed do they not?

EDIT: Just to clarify, my issue is with the reviewer not doing his due diligence and thus putting out misinforming content. Not with the fact it was posted here. Its not the responsibility of whoever posts a review to know whether its accurate or not.

Very true. We live in the Misinformation Age. It needs care and attention to solve that and have people at least correctly informed when making decisions or choosing sides. Presently there's too much info to process, not clearly delineated between 'fake' and 'true', and people are left grabbing kinda random bits of info that fit their existing neural constructs as the only way to navigate the data-swamp.

For the same reason all misinformation "bothers me deeply" (if you consider a slightly irked forum post "bothered deeply" - you should see how I react to pro brexit propaganda or climate change denialism).... I dislike misinformation in all its forms. In the most extreme cases it's dangerous, in trivial cases like this it can lead to incorrect perceptions which have the potential to impact people's purchasing decisions to their detriment.

People deserve to be properly and accurately informed do they not?
In all videos they clearly says they compare to pc with quest 2 so dont understand where is misinformation here. Its most popular vr headset, more missinformation would be in they compare to some exotics like pimax 8k x + rtx4090 ;d

In all videos they clearly says they compare to pc with quest 2 so dont understand where is misinformation here. Its most popular vr headset, more missinformation would be in they compare to some exotics like pimax 8k x + rtx4090 ;d

In that particular video I'm not sure he did as I was specifically looking for it. But he did reference Quest 2 indirectly a couple of times so I made an assumption about that, but generally he just talks about "PCVR" as if it's some monolithic entity.

That's analogous to comparing a non VR game between PC and PS5 using a GTX 1650 on the PC side, but making the sweeping conclusion that the PS5 version of the game is better than the "PC version".

In that particular video I'm not sure he did as I was specifically looking for it. But he did reference Quest 2 indirectly a couple of times so I made an assumption about that, but generally he just talks about "PCVR" as if it's some monolithic entity.

That's analogous to comparing a non VR game between PC and PS5 using a GTX 1650 on the PC side, but making the sweeping conclusion that the PS5 version of the game is better than the "PC version".
Or more like rtx3080 + crappy tn monitor ;d

Back