Sony Playstation 5 Reveal? [The Great Awaitening] [HangOver Day: 2020-03-18]

Status
Not open for further replies.

mpg1

Veteran
Whether or not February is off the table for an event you'd have to think the window is getting pretty small now for a reveal event because:

1. I suspect they want have it before E3
2. Microsoft could also have it's own event before E3 which makes the window even smaller

To me it almost has to be April at the latest. More likely March.

It can't be the week of GDC 2020, unless Sony does not want any developers at their event.

It can't be the week of GDC 2020, unless Sony does not want any developers at their event.

Forgot about GDC. I could also see them want to get ahead of that in case any leaks get out. So early March is very likely (maybe just on the Eve of GDC?)

I thought the XSX would play PS5 games, thats why the consoles are so close, because there is no PS5, only a devkit and the the OS is shipped with the game and runs in a virtual instance on the XSX..... Win Win :D

Last edited:
It seems to me that between now and GDC makes most sense due to potential leaks from the conference (like PS4 Pro leaked). End of March is also Sony's end of fiscal year so they may want to talk freely about PS5 then with their future revenue projections. I'm sure financial analyst would like to see the product for their evaluations.

If not by GDC, I think it will definitely be before E3. Even though Sony isn't going, third party publishers are and will want to showcase their games on PS5. Otherwise E3 would just be the Xbox show.

And as has been said, things will get out during GDC if they haven't already revealed, so it devolves into containment instead of promotion for both your product and the products of you partners.
And if they wait sufficiently longer the whole thing regresses to "Sony's trying to hide something" and the leaks to support that claim, at which point they've lost the narrative of their own product/launch.
After 3/12 then is a no go and at this point, the time between now and then can only hurt them.

The only logic here is Sony aren't going to do any sort of reveal and PS5 will just be released. Maybe a TV advert the week before it goes on sale? Pretty sure they'll blog about it on the PS blog, and perhaps email their registered users.

The younger audience doesn't read, only youtube. So it would be advertising on youtube and not on TV ;)
everything is youtube! shadow drop incoming! As many have stated, why even bother with a reveal presentation - thus E3 is pointless.
youtube shadow drop will be sufficient/ state of play! go!

The only logic here is Sony aren't going to do any sort of reveal and PS5 will just be released. Maybe a TV advert the week before it goes on sale? Pretty sure they'll blog about it on the PS blog, and perhaps email their registered users.

Not having any sort of reveal in this day and age would seem like a bad idea.

Not having any sort of reveal in this day and age would seem like a bad idea.
Pretty sure he's not serious.

I expect something before E3(march/april) then another follow up after(august/september). I think it would be somewhat in bad taste to skip e3 but do a presentation elsewhere at the same time.

Shadow drops would be awesome, but you need third party support, and drunk devs like to talk, so if you want control of your product narrative you need a reveal of some sort.

Who/What is MBG?

Probably nobody to take too seriously but I thought the idea of Sony using a "State of Play" to reveal was interesting. Given that Sony has been having less and less events it wouldn't be surprising.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back