SONY HD PS3 Rumour... (1080p @30/60fps)? or 720p @60fps?

ToxicTaZ

Newcomer
Sony HD PS3 System! :oops: (1080i / 1080p) 2006+ :!:
IBM Cell Chip 4GHz (64-bit) (1-Gbit)BUS, 1 TFLOPS, 65-nm & (MIPS64) Core!
REDWOOD Chip Set Board (128-bit) 65-nm Rambus
Sony HD-DvD Drive 27-36GB Dual-Layer One Side Disc (BLUE RAY DISK) 8)
HD-DvD MPEG4 Hardware (Plays MPEG2=DvD & MPEG1=VCD) 8)
80GB HDD (Hard Disc Drive) + Software :?:
64MB MEMORY STICK x2 (opt) Magic Gate ($ :?: )
512MB YELLOWSTONE RDRAM (102.4 GB/SEC) Rambus System Memory
64MB EDRAM (Video Ram) 1080p @30fps (1080i @60fps) :!:
GPU Graphics Chip, 1GHz, 1.3GPOLY/Sec (1.3 GPU ONLY) PS3/3.3GPOLY/Sec (MaxPoly)
ADPCM 96ch on SPU3 (300MHz) Sound Chip :?:
24/96 (6.1) dtsEX & DDEX HD3D Audio (24-bit 96KHz)!
32MB Sound Memory
I/O PS2 300MHz (Plays Old PS2 Games)! :D
USB v2.0 & FIREWIRE v2.0
56k MODEM, 1Gbps LAN (4 iNET)
Bluetooth, Headset, Remote Control & Dual Shock 3 Controller!
A\V Digital IN/Out Fiber Optic Sound (Optical), Component & DVI for progressive video support (1080p @30fps)! :!:
HDTV Tuner & Recorder Software
Plays Formats: PS1, PS2, PS3, CD, VCD, DvD, HD-DvD, MP3, iNET
And More!... :oops:

http://www.ps3hub.com/
http://home.btconnect.com/hgi/ps3/ps3arc.html
http://www.dvdsite.org/

Japan Sony HD PS3 at TGS 2004! :oops:
http://tgs.cesa.or.jp/english/index.html
U.S.A. Sony HD PS3 at E3 2005! :D
:rolleyes: http://www.e3expo.com/
Out On PlayStation Burthday (10 Year's) :eek: Anniversary System
:?: P.S> At this time (720p) will be DEAD! & (1080p) IN! :idea:
thx

Source? 1.3 billion poly/sec sounds a little low considering the present GeforceFX (nv30) can already do 300 million poly/sec.

That's 20 Million frickin' polygons per screen, running at 60FPS. Every pixel on the screen at 1920x1080 resolution will have to have ten tiny polygons for that number to even be achieved. I very much doubt performance will be as high, it just sounds pointless, even if the in-game performace is 4x as low as that maximum number.

Btw, this sounds suspicious for the sole reason of the resolution 1080p not even existing.

heh, that 64MB of eDRAM.... the CPU (Broadband Engine) is ment to have its own 64 MB eDRAM, - the GPU (Visualizer) has a seperate pool of eDRAM also, i believe. but these specs dont take that into account.

looks like someone had alittle fun guessing at PS3's hardware.

marconelly!:

> Btw, this sounds suspicious for the sole reason of the resolution 1080p
> not even existing.

Uh... DTV is hardly the only HDTV standard that exists. The superior DVB standard which will be used in Europe, Australia and a few other places supports 1080p at 50/60 hz.

Yea i don't see this happening . .05 micron in 2004??? i highly doubt it. Mabye 2005 for this . mabye.

marconelly!:

> Ah, I see. That's great. No chance for 1080p in US, then?

Maybe. There's no official PAL progressive standard yet PAL PS2 games support it. If you have a tv that's capable of displaying such a high resolution it's certainly stupid to limit it to displaying only interlaced signals. But then again I don't expect 1080p to see much support in Europe either. Just because it's in the spec doesn't mean anyone will use it :/

Yes there is 1080p! And SONY will have it! 2006 KVXBR 1080p

cybamerc said:
marconelly!:

> Ah, I see. That's great. No chance for 1080p in US, then?

Maybe. There's no official PAL progressive standard yet PAL PS2 games support it. If you have a tv that's capable of displaying such a high resolution it's certainly stupid to limit it to displaying only interlaced signals. But then again I don't expect 1080p to see much support in Europe either. Just because it's in the spec doesn't mean anyone will use it :
/
The year 2006+ SONY will start there new HDTV line! HDTV ONLY!
KVXBR HDTV (1080p) & 1080i $ 1,500.+ us
KVFVxx HDTV (1080i) & 480p $750.+ us
KVFSxx HDTV (1080i) & 480p $250.+ us

(720p) is NOW! But in 2006+ 720p WILL BE DEAD! & (1080p) WILL BE
IN! :devilish:

PC-Engine said:
JF_Aidan_Pryde said:
PC-Engine said:

PC-Engine, if you have nothing meaningful to say, say nothing at all. Haven't we been through this? (JR's post)

Looking at this thread it coincide perfectly with the level of meaning that's present ;)

And since when did you become the all knowing, all wise judge of what has meaning and what not? You are stubborn, de-constructive and should just drop this stance.

JF_Aidan_Pryde said:
PC-Engine said:
JF_Aidan_Pryde said:
PC-Engine said:

PC-Engine, if you have nothing meaningful to say, say nothing at all. Haven't we been through this? (JR's post)

Looking at this thread it coincide perfectly with the level of meaning that's present ;)

And since when did you become the all knowing, all wise judge of what has meaning and what not? You are stubborn, de-constructive and should just drop this stance.

I'm sorry .... oh wait you weren't talking to me

It doesn't take Yoda to smell BS :oops:

PC-Engine said:

It doesn't take Yoda to smell BS :oops:

At least Yoda does not smell BS all the time. Guess it's time for some fresh new sega flavoured underwear sponsored by microsoft. Sorry guys, but ya bitching around a lot lately.

Back