Future Sony first-party PlayStation games coming to PC

This is only true of legacy games. If a new title releases in 2021, I guarantee there will be more console players than PC players.

Why didn’t that happen with the ps2, ps3/360 area then? I remember pc gaming being even more expensive then, in special the late 90’s. I think it also depends, a sony exclusive designed just for the ssd etc isnt going to see so many players in 2021, maybe 10million in total in its lifespan.

Not storage, I/O. The sheer bandwidth to get data from disc into RAM and VRAM so the CPU and GPU can use it. Games like GTA V and the Witcher (and most dense open world games) take a long initial time to load and limit the speed with which you can move through the environment.
GTA V and Witcher 3 take no longer than 20 seconds at most on my half assed SSD, so I don't really see where this long time comes from.

You can move through GTA's world at high speed - at higher altitudes. Try doing it at ground level in Los Santos and expect your experience to similar to watching a Power Point of GTA V screen shots.
I fly with jets over street levels all the time, the experience is solid even on a regular HDD, and I am not the only one.

ArmA 3 is probably the heaviest game in flight mode, as you fly over an island with an area of hundreds of kilometers, packed with details, jungles, terrain and houses that you can visit in first person, and with a draw distance extending to tens of kilometers, you fly (low pass) over all of that in the jet just fine on an HDD.

I/O. The sheer bandwidth to get data from disc into RAM and VRAM so the CPU and GPU can use it
It remains to be seen how much an advantage console IO hold over PC, and whether that will amount to any significant difference. The I/O structure on PC doesn't prevent it from offering a solid gaming experience even on HDDs, nor does it prevent from doing very low latency access on NVMes or SSDs, or having crazy sequential speeds.

For now, the biggest gain on consoles will come from storage access speeds, anything else is still up in the air.

if you set a baseline so high that everyone has to upgrade everything the likelihood is that for most casuals, they won’t. They’ve had a good run on old parts for over a decade without needing to upgrade. So either they put out the huge bucks or they don’t get to play. And if they want to play and not put out the money; consoles will easily be the cheapest method to obtain it.
PC gamers have had enough slack time, most people didn't upgrade their 2nd or 3rd gen i7/i5 CPUs, they've had those for 6 years or even more (I am one of them), they probably only had to upgrade RAM just by adding a stick or more, many people are still on their Maxwell and Kepler GPUs (960, 970, 750Ti are the among the most popular cards on Steam), most of those with modern GPUs are still using Pascal (1060, 1050, 1070), which got released 3.5 years ago, we still have another year before next consoles come out, which means all of these people will add another year to their old hardware.

So believe me when I say, most PC gamers are gearing up for an upgrade anyway, their PCs have became long in the tooth anyway, they are just waiting for the right justification and the right mix of games and powerful hardware.

You need to wait till games are optimised for that. There's one example, it is Star Citizen, if you want to see more out of your SSD. Even Optane has advantages in that game over standard Nvme drives. Future games will only improve.
Or wait for that monster sony exclusive down the road.

lol, what? It does fit the Sony people, no loading times actually means very high performance, or?

Is there any benchmark of Star Citizen loading time using intel Optane? How fast is it with respect to Nvme SSD?

Not sure if that will happen with PS5, but i see the possibility that Sony might do what MS is doing with their games, or release a short time after. Have software to just one device isn't going to last forever i think.
I can say that Sony's Big 4 will not go to other platforms: Gran Turismo ,The Last of Us, God of War, Uncharted. These titles are like Nintendo's Zelda or Mario, which will release only on their platforms.

Sony's strategy is still more like nintendo's. Most system sellers will be exclusive to PS5 or timed-exclusive for years like Horizon 1. Imo Horizon on PC is a promotion of Horizon 2 because this ip is still not that strong as the Big 4.

Is there any benchmark of Star Citizen loading time using intel Optane? How fast is it with respect to Nvme SSD?

I can say that Sony's Big 4 will not go to other platforms: Gran Turismo ,The Last of Us, God of War, Uncharted. These titles are like Nintendo's Zelda or Mario, which will release only on their platforms.

Sony's strategy is still more like nintendo's. Most system sellers will be exclusive to PS5 or timed-exclusive for years like Horizon 1. Imo Horizon on PC is a promotion of Horizon 2 because this ip is still not that strong as the Big 4.
Optane is designed for lower latency. This is ideal for different cases. So I don’t think it will beat nvme in this case.

PC gamers have had enough slack time, most people didn't upgrade their 2nd or 3rd gen i7/i5 CPUs, they've had those for 6 years or even more (I am one of them), they probably only had to upgrade RAM just by adding a stick or more, many people are still on their Maxwell and Kepler GPUs (960, 970, 750Ti are the among the most popular cards on Steam), most of those with modern GPUs are still using Pascal (1060, 1050, 1070), which got released 3.5 years ago, we still have another year before next consoles come out, which means all of these people will add another year to their old hardware.

So believe me when I say, most PC gamers are gearing up for an upgrade anyway, their PCs have became long in the tooth anyway, they are just waiting for the right justification and the right mix of games and powerful hardware.

Bingo.

Ask or wait for @Dictator he has done or is going to do some tests, i believe Optane had it's advantages over even fast NVME ssd's in SC.

Well, they can happily keep those games, aside from GT perhaps.

Or it is their foot into a bigger market.

Aside from all this, has Sony shown any game running on PS5 yet? MS has shown HellBlade 2, which sure is a XSX game. Console manufacturers first shown games mostly show what the hw is capable off.

So believe me when I say, most PC gamers are gearing up for an upgrade anyway, their PCs have became long in the tooth anyway, they are just waiting for the right justification and the right mix of games and powerful hardware
When I wrote my comment, this was actually the first counter point I thought of as well. It's true, a lot of people should have been wait around to upgrade. But reality doesn't work like that ;) They just might spend those savings on something else right.

I totally get where you are going with that though, but I'm a bit in disbelief that everyone has the same level of discipline to save that cash to upgrade, or that everyone's financial situation is the same over the last 4-6 years. Some people here went from single to married to 3 children from the time this generation was announced to the time next generation begins. People's opinions of gaming requirements also change.

When I wrote my comment, this was actually the first counter point I thought of as well. It's true, a lot of people should have been wait around to upgrade. But reality doesn't work like that ;) They just might spend those savings on something else right.

I totally get where you are going with that though, but I'm a bit in disbelief that everyone has the same level of discipline to save that cash to upgrade, or that everyone's financial situation is the same over the last 4-6 years.

I guess it will be like all the other generations of consoles, people will upgrade over time, not everyone upgrades the day new consoles launch, as the games avaible at launch will be quite abysmal anyway. Most of those 100 million PS4 users won't upgrade at once to the new PS5 either. Just like not every PC user is going to upgrade or buy something new day one.

I totally get where you are going with that though, but I'm a bit in disbelief that everyone has the same level of discipline to save that cash to upgrade, or that everyone's financial situation is the same over the last 4-6 years. Some people here went from single to married to 3 children from the time this generation was announced to the time next generation begins. People's opinions of gaming requirements also change.

There are always new people building gaming pcs. Predictions are that nvidia's sales are going to have a huge spike when their 7nm gpus come out. It'll be interesting to see if there's a rush on pc parts at the same time the consoles come out.

There are always new people building gaming pcs. Predictions are that nvidia's sales are going to have a huge spike when their 7nm gpus come out. It'll be interesting to see if there's a rush on pc parts at the same time the consoles come out.
Yea, I've tried to get in on the rush before!
haha. It's always sold out. I usually wait an extra year or so to get it. I believe the 30xx series will sell significantly better than the 20xx series.

Yea, I've tried to get in on the rush before!
haha. It's always sold out. I usually wait an extra year or so to get it. I believe the 30xx series will sell significantly better than the 20xx series.

Many seem to be upgrading around this time, most opt for a 2070S, 512gb to 1TB NVme, 16GB main ram (yes just 16), and either 3700X or 3800X. I won't be buying a new before early 2021 as my current pc does everything i want/need so far. A new pc will be more costly then a PS5 but then a 3070 or higher will be a higher end gpu then what the PS5 will have. Also, i want 12c/24t atleast. So atleast one full year left, a PS5 will join a couple of years in to replace the base ps4, when there's more games to it. That is, if those games don't land on pc at a later date, i can wait :)

Ye, i ment right now, many seem to be opting for a 2070S instead.
Based on what info?
Will see when that appears in the steam survey. The 2070 and 2060 are old by now, people buying new now don't buy that :p
People are quite happy to buy older if it's better value for money for them. Hence %age change for the GTX 1060 and GTX 960 being way higher than growth in the 2070S.

Ye, i ment right now, many seem to be opting for a 2070S instead. Will see when that appears in the steam survey. The 2070 and 2060 are old by now, people buying new now don't buy that :p
Look at the % change for month of December.

Why didn’t that happen with the ps2, ps3/360 area then? I remember pc gaming being even more expensive then, in special the late 90’s. I think it also depends, a sony exclusive designed just for the ssd etc isnt going to see so many players in 2021, maybe 10million in total in its lifespan.
I started with a PC in the late 90s. I remember my best childhood friend -who had a PS1- totally, totally green with envy and nervous when he saw my PC.

iirc, console games were always more expensive, while PC hardware was SUPER expensive, while software was cheaper than on console -more so nowadays, from my experience-.

I’m too lazy to rewrite And it’s rude to copy and paste someone else’s effort; for pictures and details go here. https://www.resetera.com/threads/go...-counterplay-games-gearbox-publishing.158958/
TLDR;
Godfall coming to EGS (PC)
exclusive to PS5

I forget if there is a link to the game thread. But if not; I think it looks good. Then again I’m easy to please, cutscenes are a harder sell for me than gameplay reels. Also seem to have draw towards looter games

That's not relevant. It's a cross-platform title with a console exclusivity deal, unrelated to Sony's 1st party efforts. PS5 is still going to be getting cross-platform titles. ;)

That's not relevant. It's a cross-platform title with a console exclusivity deal, unrelated to Sony's 1st party efforts. PS5 is still going to be getting cross-platform titles. ;)
Oh, oops. Said Sony exclusive titles coming to PC in the thread. i didn't realize it was reserved for first party only. We are only looking at titles that come out as a Sony exclusive and then ported to PC?

Back