SonyKDL-46XBR2_Clouds.jpg

SonyKDL-46XBR2_Clouds_m1.jpg

c5d2809864.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Corporate agenda=make money
Bad set = refunds
Refunds = diminishing profit margins
Corporate agenda + Bad Set != Refunds

I got the same effect on my KDL-32V2500.
I haven't been able to notice it while looking at anything but a blank screen (no signal).

It's funny that the clouds seems to appear at the same locations on all sets.

I'm sill very happy with my new toy though. :)

It's pretty bad that Sony have tried to screw over their customers (again), and then tried to hide it by adjusting the firmware to simply switch off the backlight in the no-signal situation most likely to show the problem.

If you read the threads and look a the pictures, it's a shocking quality issue on those that are affected - dark scenes are ruined.

It seems like it's the panel, meaning the Samsung equivalents using the same panels (since it's a Sony/Samsung factory making them) have the same issue -- the last pic shows a Samsung panel, for example. Those Samsung TVs are very popular as well, so making it sound as if it's a Sony problem only seems a bit wrong.

edit: title changed

Maybe because Sony has been doing what they can to hide the problem and not recall/fix the faulty TVs? If it's a Sony/Samsung joint venture, it's still a Sony problem, as is the way they've (not) been dealing with it.

Maybe people are posting to a thread showing Sony in a negative light because... it's a pretty big negative for Sony to be selling these expensive, supposedly high-quality, latest generation TVs that have significant picture quality issues?

Just recently I was recommending the new Sonys as worth the price premium because of them being ahead of the technology and picture quality curve, and here it turns out there is a major fault that Sony doesn't seem to want to fix.

My 32" SONY Bravia has some light clouding hardly noticible. It has four Mura deffects.
I can see it only at night with a blank screen.

The clouding above is happening mostlly with larger >= 40" panels.

It seems like it's the panel, meaning the Samsung equivalents using the same panels (since it's a Sony/Samsung factory making them) have the same issue -- the last pic shows a Samsung panel, for example. Those Samsung TVs are very popular as well, so making it sound as if it's a Sony problem only seems a bit wrong.

Title isn't very clear on that, but these days...

Reread the thread title...

Not really sure what the point of this topic is, outside of wanting to post some negative Sony news.

Reread the thread title...not really sure why some people try to make it a point to downplaying the issue...

Title changed.

Gentlemen, I have yet to see a thread improved by attempts at mind-reading what other posters are thinking. This thread is no exception. Talk about issues rather than each other or this thread will be closed and some vacations handed out.

Isn't a slight unevenness of backlighting normal for flat panels?

GHeck it happens with CRTs alos...

Or maybe this is something else. My backlight is a little uneven but I don't notice it on anythuing other than a totally black screen. I guess the problems you guys have are (a lot) mroe severe.

Let us know what happens okay?
Peace.

I got me a Samsung LE40M86BD this week. When I turn up the backlight and brightness (to very unrealistic levels) there is some clouding towards the edges, but at normal settings it`s not an issue.
I have it set up as dualview desktop to play games and movies on the tv and do internet/text on my monitor.
I hope I can get a PS3 soon, the Ninja Gaiden 720p trailer from Playsyde looks awesome on this set.
People have reported HDMI handshaking issues with the TV and the PS3 though, I hope I`m fine...

Back