Someone infiltrated my PC? Webex auto install itself. Where can i see the logs?

Discussion in 'PC Hardware, Software and Displays' started by orangpelupa, Apr 3, 2020.

1. orangpelupa

orangpelupa Elite Bug Hunter
    Legend Veteran

Something weird just happened. I left my PC with webex.com opened in a chrome private window, and then left it alone for awhile.. dunno for how long, got stomach ache.

While i was relieving my stomach, suddenly i heard the iconic "ding" when UAC asks something when you install something. I simply suspect probably a family member used the PC.

then when stomach issue was subdued, i find my PC to be still in the webex.com screen. But it got webex extension installed (there's webex icon on top right).

Looked at chrome history, nothing happened. Asked family memebers, nope, no one touched the PC. Is there some kind of logs i can see/read to retrace what the heck just happened?

EDIT: all the cats are in different rooms. The PC room door to other room inside the house was closed. Only door to terrace that was open.

2. tongue_of_colicab

Veteran

3. Davros

Legend

Did the cat stand on the enter key?
    I asked your cat if it installed any software it replied "Me How"

4. digitalwanderer

digitalwanderer Dangerously Mirthful
    Legend

Maybe it was a poltergoose!

5. Rurouni

Veteran

6. digitalwanderer

digitalwanderer Dangerously Mirthful
    Legend

Never ever underestimate the powers of a cat, NEVER!

orangpelupa likes this.
  7. Cyan

Cyan orange
    Legend Veteran

isnt webex free for a month or so? Talking of which, I installed the desktop version, wish I knew there was a Chrome extension, I'd install that instead. Thanks for sharing.

In regards to your issue, maybe you had pressed something that triggered the installation of the plugin. Since the internet usage is much higher these days, maybe it download it slowly and that caused the sound.

If I was controlling your computer I wouldn't install you webex for sure. Maybe a Playboy magazine reader or so.

orangpelupa likes this.