Someone gave me a negative rep for a weird reason

Slides

Regular
And this was the message left. The problem is that I don't have permission to give negative rep, so I couldn't have in the first place!

"You gave me negative rep without any reason.....what a coward."

:?:

Slides said:
And this was the message left. The problem is that I don't have permission to give negative rep, so I couldn't have in the first place!

"You gave me negative rep without any reason.....what a coward."

:?:

Well, you actually can't give rep without a reason so that's weird. Anyway, get used to it! :devilish:

I'm not sure someone should have to get used to it, actually. The only way the system works is if it's not abused and used responsibly. In this case I'll have a look and see what happened. We have a policy of investigating cases of reported rep system abuse and making changes where required, cheers.

We do make the appropriate changes to remove the unwarranted bad reputation and we do also ask for explanations from the bad rep trigger happy fellow.

If you think that someone abused the reputation system and gave you bad reputation points for "no good reason", then just tell us.

And remember, unwarranted bad reputation is the one received for a neutral/correct post of yours.
If you receive bad reputation for a post where you showed a confrontational, or agressive, behavior, you deserve it.

Vysez said:
We do make the appropriate changes to remove the unwarranted bad reputation and we do also ask for explanations from the bad rep trigger happy fellow.

If you think that someone abused the reputation system and gave you bad reputation points for "no good reason", then just tell us.

And remember, unwarranted bad reputation is the one received for a neutral/correct post of yours.
If you receive bad reputation for a post where you showed a confrontational, or agressive, behavior, you deserve it.

What would be the best way of reporting that info? For instance, I received anonymous bad rep for this post, and no reason was given, though the next post after it might be the reason as well as the originator:

http://www.beyond3d.com/forum/showthread.php?p=770101#post770101

I think what happened is that someone didn't understand my arguments, thought they were ridiculous, and gave me bad rep for it. Later I clarified them, and I think this was then better understood, but the bad rep remains.

I don't really need this to be fixed, but normally, where would people go with such a complaint? Make a topic like this one? PM a moderator?

Sending a PM to a Moderator is the official channel for these problems.

Back