Some of the new Fable screens

Anonymous

Veteran
kibscreen12.jpg

kibscreen2.jpg

kibscreen14.jpg

kibscreen3.jpg

Graphics aren't looking all that great but hopefully the gameplay will be something else.

function said:
Looks good to me. Is it the style or technical aspects you don't like?

Compared to other xbox games, this doesnt look impressive at all, especially bitmapped grass and leaves and low draw distance(weird, a light instead of fog..hmm)

friedsnake said:
function said:

Compared to other xbox games, this doesnt look impressive at all, especially bitmapped grass and leaves and low draw distance(weird, a light instead of fog..hmm)

I don't know what they eerire light is, but there are no bitmapped leaves in those shots. maybe you are referring ot the alpha blended leaves which are standard issue?

notAFanB said:
friedsnake said:
function said:

I don't know what they eerire light is, but there are no bitmapped leaves in those shots. maybe you are referring ot the alpha blended leaves which are standard issue?

i can see the 2d flat leaves on the tress very well.

friedsnake said:
notAFanB said:
friedsnake said:
function said:

those are (low res) alpha blended leaves not bitmaps.

it 'is' standard practice since generating each leaf is prohibitavly expensive thus far.

if anything the modelling didn;t conceal the leaves while modelling to well other wise your unlikely to be too irritated here

notAFanB said:
friedsnake said:
notAFanB said:
friedsnake said:
function said:

those are (low res) alpha blended leaves not bitmaps.

it 'is' standard practice since generating each leaf is prohibitavly expensive thus far.

if anything the modelling didn;t conceal the leaves while modelling to well other wise your unlikely to be too irritated here

as you wish...lets wait for final product.

yes let's.

PS: I really can't see what you claim to see here. but if this is your attitude to dicussion then I guess we really won;t be doing much of that then :cry:

notAFanB said:

yes let's.

PS: I really can't see what you claim to see here. but if this is your attitude to dicussion then I guess we really won;t be doing much of that then :cry:

i am very sceptic because of Molyneux, i remember the first B&W screens and the final product was no way near graphically(btw the game sucked too, this game looks way more promising)

The FIRST previews over a year ago for this game were amazing. What they claimed were amazing, carve a scar into a tree and come back years later and it would still be there. Or put a scar on a childs face and the kid would be there years later with the scar, and would attack you when he see's you.

But now... with every new preview more and more is being taken away, the game dumbed down. Even the graphics, which were AMAZING are being dumbed down from what I can see.

But what do you expect, this is a game from the same man who overhyped black and white and all his other games..

Here are the first shot of fable.

bbb8.jpg

projectegonew10.jpg

bbb4.jpg

I really wanted Fable, but now it's all just making a turn for the worse.

Turns out, the aging isn't real time as they have stated but happens in "chapters" What a joke, talk about a blatant overhyping of their product.[/img]

ah finally it makes sense... fable == project ego. I thought the above screens reminded me of what was once project ego, but couldn't remember the name.

Now that I look at the old screens, wow it did look beautiful. It's a shame really. Any new news about the gameplay aspects?

Graphics-wise it still looks rather good, just with some... uh... screwballillity. (New word I just made up. I kinda like it... rolls off the tongue. ;) ) It certainly was looking more promising a while ago, especially when thinking that's EARLY-stage stuff. I guess it's yet another example of developers living beyond their capabilities, forced to a number of concessions or shift a release date to, say, 2008. Hehe...

Still, it looks to be rather kick-ass anyway, just not quite up to the wet-dreams of youth. :)

Did anyone here see the E3 presentation video of the game? Most likely not

Saw it, I need to see a better quality version though. But from what I see, the game isn't living up to the things they said about it two years ago, they are taking things away. It's becoming more linear.

I knew this was going to happen.

Jason now owes me $10. 8)

The graphics look really bad now, almost down to Dreamcast level (minus the pixel shaded water)... very depressing.

AFAIK it still looks incredible. Did you watch the E3 trailer? (direct feed instead of shaky cam video from presentation)

The only thing early shots have over these is a slight blur and FSAA.

The graphics look really bad now, almost down to Dreamcast level (minus the pixel shaded water)

Er... um... no?

Tagrineth said:
DeathKnight said:
The only thing early shots have over these is a slight blur and FSAA.

And thick grass/flowers, and character polygons, and some texture detail...
They're still present bud. You're basing your conclusions on a few screens.

http://www.planetlionhead.com/staff/kibitz/

The rest of them are there. It's sad that some people find the worst pictures they can in a batch and only post those screens.

Back