Some new Killzone stuff (animated gifs)

Killzone.gif

Killzone1.gif

Killzone2.gif

Holy C***, look at those flames! Are those mpeg2 animated textures?

Otherwise, nice consistently detailed texturing, let's hope there is mip mapping to match, or else it could get real shimmery.

Interesting to see what kind of effects that fire will have in games in the near future. A real time burning proces offers many gameplay options. :)

It looks better in the video, the gif has several frames missing, so the video looks smoother. :D And wait till you see the napalm bombs being dropped in Shellshock Nam 67 8)

darkblu said:
whipper, are these from a recent build? if so, where have all the object shadows gone?

The shadows for the movable objects like falling rubble, aircraft and the characters etc, have not yet been implemented. But I am pretty sure the trailer at E3 will have everything properly implemented because SCEE’s developers/producers are handling that side of things. And it will be the first public showing of Killzone so I don't think their going to disappoint. ;)

Ooooo! Online play! I've been wishing for a nice online title for PS2, must have one so the ethernet adapter I bought wasn't a total waste of cash! ;)

Guden Oden said:
Ooooo! Online play! I've been wishing for a nice online title for PS2, must have one so the ethernet adapter I bought wasn't a total waste of cash! ;)

I agree, IMHO at the moment there aren't any worthwhile PlayStation 2 online titles. Perhaps when we see things like Burnout 3, Timesplitters 3,... going online.

This game looks pretty darn sweet.

I hope that the gameplay and level design hold up, because (for a PS2 title) the graphics sure do.

Evil_Cloud said:
Guden Oden said:

I agree, IMHO at the moment there aren't any worthwhile PlayStation 2 online titles. Perhaps when we see things like Burnout 3, Timesplitters 3,... going online.

The Socom serie is very good online, Imho. On the other hand, if GT4 has a Killer online mode, it will be the "real" start for online gaming on PS2. :D

Problem with online racers is they're only fun if one happens to like racing games... I'm not too keen on those I have to say.

Killzone is a nice futuristic shooting game, socom and such games (those tom clancy-based games etc) are too much centered on realism for my taste, and today's world, weapons and environments don't appeal much to me.

I'd liked to have some nice plasma rifles n stuff in KZ, but bullets will do in a pinch too.

Guden Oden said:
...and today's world, weapons and environments don't appeal much to me.

I'd liked to have some nice plasma rifles n stuff in KZ, but bullets will do in a pinch too.

Guden are you saying that you're a "Future Gun freak". :p ;)

Guden Oden said:
Problem with online racers is they're only fun if one happens to like racing games... I'm not too keen on those I have to say.

That's a very good point...I think you're an heretic...but it's still a good point. :p
I'm quite a fan of racers myself, so if Gt4 online mode is excellent, it will worth my broadband adaptator.

You have the same 'problem' with every game and genre imaginable, as none will appeal to everyone.

Back