So there's a presentation with a XB360 in four hours.

Tim Murray

the Windom Earle of mobile SOCs
Veteran
MS guy running it, actual XB360, etc. Any questions I should ask? Can't guarantee that I'm going to go, but I'll try.

The Baron said:
MS guy running it, actual XB360, etc. Any questions I should ask? Can't guarantee that I'm going to go, but I'll try.

If possible, ask if the specs of the final hardware for match the published specs or if there were changes for the better/worse as the silicon was actually produced.

J

Ask if they think the bandwidth tradeoffs they made were worth it in hindsight. Also if XeCPU is closer to DD1 or DD2 in design.

blakjedi said:
Ask if they think the bandwidth tradeoffs they made were worth it in hindsight. Also if XeCPU is closer to DD1 or DD2 in design.

I highly doubt they're going to put their architecture in terms of the Cell's PPE iterations. They may not even be familiar with it, depending.

Another Question:

Q: Are MMO's the only genre that are allowed to require a HDD? Or is this option open to any developer that chooses?

and a follow up:

Q: How do you plan to distinguish the HDD-requiered titles. Will there be a special logo on the Game packaging?

I would say ask about the Xenos bandwidth argument going on in the 'New 360 GPU Article' thread. :p

I doubt they would really know the answer to that one either though, unless they're sending some more technically minded folks over to do the presentation.

expletive said:
What bandwidth tradeoffs?

J

Moving bandwidth intensive activities to Edram thereby allowing for Lower bandwidth on the chip to chip interconnects, GPU<->CPU for example. Obviously they could made higher bandwidth interconnects but didn't....

hey supposedly they doing hardware talk so I asked... *shrug*

I hope it's not too late... if you would, please ask them whether there will be region coding in the console. For importing games and such. Thanks.

Mefisutoferesu said:
I hope it's not too late... if you would, please ask them whether there will be region coding in the console. For importing games and such. Thanks.

They've already announced that it is region-locked.

Nite_Hawk said:
Ask them if the inspriation for the case came from the Dell optiplex line of corporate PCs. ;)

Nite_Hawk

What do you mean "inspiration?" I thought they got the cases from the same supplier.

Not very indepth questions but, I wouldn't mind knowing if resolution and screen ratio will be independent... Can I get the VGA adapter and still get 720 vertical pixels on my 4:3 monitor (without letterboxing the 720p widescreen signal.)

also when using backwards compatibility on games like Halo, can the x360 system link with xbox1?

I'd like to know read/write speed figures for main CPU cores to/from the auxiliary xenos DRAM. As we know, these figures aren't always that astounding in PC systems, even considering the lower peak figures for the interconnects in PCs than in x360. Even though fastest current AGP is supposed to deliver 2GB/s, it does not get even close in reality. So xCPU<->xenos is 10.5GB/s each way and xenos<->dram module is 32GB/s, how much of that is available in reality?

Back