So my mom got in a wreck...

Bad_Boy

god of war.
Veteran
Its 1am here and im bored so I figured I would post this...

Earlier today my dad drops by the house waiting in his car outside, calls my cell phone from the driveway saying "get dressed and come out side", he wouldnt really tell me whats going on after I asked him a few times so I'm thinking I fucked up and I'm in some sort of trouble or something lol. Anyways I hop outside and he explains to me that my mom was in a pretty bad wreck and we had to go to the hospital. Of course my first question is she ok, and he just explained to me that he doesnt know much but she should be ok, shes getting x-rays while we were on the way driving over.

To make a long story shorter we get there and everything is ok for the most part, she has some bruises and scrapes, and somehow she got burns on her wrist where her watch was (she doesnt know exactly but it may have been from the seatbelt pulling on her or somehow the airbag). She was in a neck brace when we got there but that was only for precaution and they took it off before she was released.

She was driving down the street and got hit by a huge dump truck who was turning right on an intersection (goddamn they need to put a light there). She tried to drive out of the way but it was a little too late as he kept going. State trooper said it seemed to be the truck drivers fault by the skid marks on the road, so I think he got a ticket but im not sure on the specifics. Anyways they are paying for all the damages.

As for the car, pretty much totaled. As you can imagine a dump druck even going slow is like hitting a brick wall. We drove by the towing place to get the rest of her stuff left in her car...didnt look too great (oddly enough, for the most part the interior was in pretty good condition). Heres some pictures. (really sorry about the pictures but I think I have the worse camera phone on the planet, either that or the sun was really wanting to fuck up the pictures)...anyways...

1111956883570714390bu4.jpg

1111960253570725590fe8.jpg

1111962263570732220za3.jpg

*again, sorry about the horrible pictures, but I guess you get the idea.

I think shes supposed to get a rental before everything is worked out, she drives a manual and says shes wanting an automatic now. Guess shes getting old I guess. :LOL:

*plus side to this story (besides my mom being ok), is that i just checked the NC lottery website and my dad just won the pick 3 lottery. :p I think he gets like $290, but I suppose thats better than nothing. Hes sleep now I guess but I'll call him in the morning and let him know the good news.

Last edited by a moderator:
Her being ok is better than winning any lottery, congratulations. :)

I hit a garbage truck once in my 1985 S-15 trying to pass it in a snowstorm on the wrong side, got some rather nasty dentage.

Her being ok is better than winning any lottery, congratulations. :)
definately, from the sounds of things it could of been a lot worse.
I hit a garbage truck once in my 1985 S-15 trying to pass it in a snowstorm on the wrong side, got some rather nasty dentage.
ouch, those snowstorms can be a doozy; theres a like a downhill ditch behind my house next to where the street is, every snowstorm you can see cars stacked up on that ditch because they get caught by the black ice going down hill. But yeah, glad you're ok as well. :)

ouch, those snowstorms can be a doozy; theres a like a downhill ditch behind my house next to where the street is, every snowstorm you can see cars stacked up on that ditch because they get caught by the black ice going down hill. But yeah, glad you're ok as well. :)
Oh, I didn't even stop for the accident. Just slid into the side of the garbage truck trying to pass it and banged/tore up my left side and drove home quick.

I couldn't stop, I was waaaaay too drunk. This was back in my "bad days". :oops:

The garbage truck wasn't hurt, and I didn't feel like going to jail...so I just drove home in the blizzard on a couple of flat tires. It made sense at the time. :rolleyes:

I was an idiot, haven't done it in at least 12 years.

Looking back I'm just feeling lucky I never hurt anybody and that I survived, it's just a totally stupid/selfish thing to do....but I was pretty stupid/selfish back then too. :oops:

Speaking of which, I don't mean to hijack your thread. The truck just reminded me. ;)

Glad your Mom is ok Bad Boy, hope you get a juicy insurance settlement and that your Mom's injuries heal quickly and without her suffering. :)

I was an idiot, haven't done it in at least 12 years.
lol you dont have to explain yourself, being in college now I can see I've done some stupid stuff I'll never do again as well.

Looking back I'm just feeling lucky I never hurt anybody and that I survived, it's just a totally stupid/selfish thing to do....but I was pretty stupid/selfish back then too. :oops:
Thats always good no one was hurt.

Speaking of which, I don't mean to hijack your thread. The truck just reminded me. ;)
Ah no problem, I rarely post in the GD so I'm happy to get some replies in the first place. :p

Glad your Mom is ok Bad Boy, hope you get a juicy insurance settlement and that your Mom's injuries heal quickly and without her suffering. :)
Same here.

Going on 2am I think I'm gonna head to sleep, nite dw (catch you on irc later). :)

Back