So I'm picking my Wii up at midnight tomorrow and....

oddfellow

Regular
....I'll give it straight to my brother :cry: :cry:

I was looking forward to the Wii soo much!
I was the first person to preorder one at my local Gamestation store. I paid for it in full and will most likeley be the first person at the store to pick it up. Couldn't wait for it! w00t!

Thing is, I told my brother about it a week or so ago. He told me that he's really gutted he missed out on the pre-ordering, and that his 6 year old daughter really, REALLY wanted one for christmas. He's hunted around and it looks like he missed the boat. The likeleyhood of him getting one before christmas is somewhere between slim and none.

His daughter (my niece) is disabled and doesn't get about much. She loves games, but her disability makes controlling games with a normal gamepad troublesome, the Wii remote seems made for her!
Anyway, after hearing about it, how could I NOT give it to her??!? :cool:
She'll appreciate more than me I'm sure. I'll just have to wait till the new year. :cry:

So to all you guys that are picking up your Wii on friday, enjoy! :smile:
I'll be joining you too, just a little later than I originally planned. :cool:

Very nice of you. You should be proud, very very proud.

Funny, your good deed actually brings a tear of happiness to me.

Shh!

I get mine in 8 hours. I have no brother, so it'll be all mine. But I'll take it to our club, so we can play all together each evening, if we want to.

I got mine about 2 days ago. Fantastic system. I must say, I’m really impressed with the remote, especially for pointing. Just navigating the menus by pointing feels really good. When you roll over a button, the remote vibrates giving a very tactile sensation. It feels like your touching your TV screen from your couch. I’ve never had so much fun just changing the default settings, lol.

Aiming in Zelda is also better than any experience I’ve had with a thumbstick. A mouse is more accurate but the Wii-mote feels better. Wii Sports is also great fun. You’ll never want to play any of these sports games the old way, ever again. (Except boxing, that one sucks.)

You’ll love it, when you actually get one for yourself.

Interesting. There's no shortage of supply in Australia. Quite a few folks walked into a store this morning to see if there was stock, and managed to walk away without pre-orders.

There was a blurb on Nintendo Australia's website last night about places with midnight launches with available stock, and most stores had extra. Possibly the UK is more hyped about the Wii than Oz?

Bad luck... at least you have another excuse to drop in for a visit ;)

I was second on the pre-order list at bartsmit (dutch toystore). But those A-holes suddenly decided to start selling the Wii online and screw people with who pre-orderd months ago at the shop. My only hope to get one know is the Free record shop, but they are on a first come first serve base and they dont exactly know how late they will be getting the Wii. Its somewhere between 11 a 13.00 but since im at work I cant camp infront of the store for 2 hours (well, I could I spend most of the day doing nothing anyway). Im gonna call them every 30 minutes from 11am and hope for the love of god that all the other people dont have time to camp infront of the store either. But I should get one, it wouldnt be fair if I didnt. Its my birthday today, I got soaking wet ryding my bike to work, I got a flat tire before I got at work so I just deserive to get one.

I believe you did the right thing. I mean, for you videogames aren't the whole world anymore, so you are making your niece quite happy! I remember when I was 6 I used to play NES/SNES like 24/7. And it was damn fine time to be a gamer back then. :)

Us adults can wait for systems no problem, but for little kids its impossible sometimes. And considering since you said she's disabled, it makes me feel warm inside knowing there are people like you still out there. I'm sure you will find as much joy in watching her play with a smile on her face as playing yourself, if not even more. :)

Let us know if she loves it alot or ALOT. :p

Well, a friend tried to pick up a Wii after work and missed out. Guess my "low demand" statement was a bit off!

I believe you did the right thing. I mean, for you videogames aren't the whole world anymore, so you are making your niece quite happy! I remember when I was 6 I used to play NES/SNES like 24/7. And it was damn fine time to be a gamer back then. :)

Us adults can wait for systems no problem, but for little kids its impossible sometimes. And considering since you said she's disabled, it makes me feel warm inside knowing there are people like you still out there. I'm sure you will find as much joy in watching her play with a smile on her face as playing yourself, if not even more. :)

Let us know if she loves it alot or ALOT. :p

I turned 20 today, but I couldnt wait either :') luckely I just got one 5 minutes ago. I got the last one, a guy walked in 30 seconds after me and he couldnt get one (the shop only got 2). I feel a bit sorry for him because he looked really dissapointed and angry.

I turned 20 today, but I couldnt wait either :') luckely I just got one 5 minutes ago. I got the last one, a guy walked in 30 seconds after me and he couldnt get one (the shop only got 2). I feel a bit sorry for him because he looked really dissapointed and angry.

I guess for some gamers things never change! :)

If I could, I'd freeze myself like cartman and hope to be unfrozen when MGS4 and FFXIII hits the PS3. ;)

Im not really a gamer. I like to play a game once in a while but thats it. But I just cant stand waiting for something I want to have, just dont have enough patiance for that.

I'll try just buying one tomorrow morning. Wish me luck!
I've heard of some stores that should have plenty of systems, e.g. one that has capped at 60 preorders but expects to receive 100 systems. If true, this might actually work. Oh sweet Zelda!

Here's a stupid chant:
Wii-S-3! Wii-S-3! Wii-S-3! :p

Back