So I got my first mobile phone!

Deepak

B3D Yoddha
Veteran
It is Nokia 6610i, my first phone ever. :smile:

Actually I wanted to get either SE K750i or W 800i but they are too expensive so I'll wait till they come down in price, anyways which one is better?

I also thought about buying Motorola E398 but everywhere I went, I was told that it is discountinued is longer available in market, otherwise I would have bought it.

Attachments

• no6610i_00.jpg
    no6610i_00.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 4
Diplo said:
Another person falls victim to the tyranny of the mobile phone :)

Hope you enjoy it!

:D,

Most used thing on my mobile is FM radio (I can't live without Bollywood songs)...

Another first for me, got a mobile connection today.....now I must learn how to compose an sms...fast.

:smile:

Deepak said:
Another first for me, got a mobile connection today.....now I must learn how to compose an sms...fast.
Jabbing yourself in the eye with your thumb is usually more satisfying then trying to compose damn SMS messages (and far easier and quicker, too). :)

I've never been able to figure out that damn T9 system, it simply won't let me type the words I want.

If I was to try and type in "mary had a little lamb", it'd come out as "mass hid a jjj jjj". T9 = cryptography as far as I'm concerned. :p

Guden Oden said:
I've never been able to figure out that damn T9 system, it simply won't let me type the words I want.

If I was to try and type in "mary had a little lamb", it'd come out as "mass hid a jjj jjj". T9 = cryptography as far as I'm concerned. :p

Well, maybe it was set to the wrong dictionary? If your phone was set to swedish and you try typing something in english, that surely would produce something like that you quoted.

Also, it adapts. If you use some words more often, it takes these first the next time. Usually, the hit rate is way above 50% on the first attempt. And frankly, scrolling through a few possible words really does not require that much effort.

Just tried that, what it suggests is "Marx had a little lana" with Mary and lamb being the second option in the list each. So it's a no-brainer ;)

Deepak said:
It is Nokia 6610i, my first phone ever. :smile:

Actually I wanted to get either SE K750i or W 800i but they are too expensive so I'll wait till they come down in price, anyways which one is better?
The primary difference between the two is that the W 800 allows you to use the MP3 playback without the phone being active, thus saving battery life if you are listenting to music.

I have the K750 as music playback isn't a big priority for me and it looks nicer.

CC

Back