So Creative is indeed launching a 3DLabs based card?

If they are, why would it be anything LESS than the P10 chip?

Also, I'm not familar with the P9... is the P9 a stripped down P10 VPU?

IIRC, the P10 is comprised of over 200 32-bit functional units for vertex and pixel processing. the number of units can be increased or decreased depending on the required processor power. thus, different varients of the P10 could be constructed as needed. although basicly, the P10 ( i dunno about P9) is really just a sub DX9, 4:2 pipe configuration with a 256-bit memory bus. again, what are the differences between P10 and P9?

I was hoping that Creative would enter the consumer field once 3DLabs had their next chip (P11 or whatever) hopefully a true DX9, 8 pipe VPU with extensive bandwidth saving features that could go up against the GFFX and R300/R350.....

P9 with its partial deferred rendering ability (Slipstream) just isn't going to cut it.

edit: ok i think i understand what the P9 is now, after starting to read the Beyond3d article on the Wildcat card that is using this chip. basicly i already knew what P9 was, with the possibility of scaling P10 down (decreasing the number of function blocks) just didn't realize it.

Back