SNK's "Doki Doki Majo Saiban"

cthellis42

Hoopy Frood
Legend
The last thread got locked, but perhaps this time with less bull we can chat about such a game more maturely. ^_^;;

The game in question

(Ack! The board filter is killing this one. The link is "http://www.ds******.com/2006/10/11/snk-game-is-about-witch-hunting-not-girl-hunting/" and you have to replace the asterisks with the proper spelling of "fanboi," sorry.)

I posted the initial link go-arounds because... well... "it's news." But there's a reason I'm almost always tongue-in-cheek with things like that... we never know until there's any semblance of an official release. This is the intarnets, after all.

Perhaps we can move beyond people getting up in arms thinking there's a "pro-pedophile" faction and an "anti-" and nothing in between.

Last edited by a moderator:
Perhaps we can move beyond people getting up in arms thinking there's a "pro-pedophile" faction and an "anti-" and nothing in between.

what?! there're no 'pro-pedophile' and 'anti-pedophile' factions on these boards?! where have all my monthly membeship fees i've been sending all these years been going to? :oops:

on the actual topic:

i think it's bloody ridiculous, trying to build an agenda out of something as simple as a mature-oriented JP handheld game and a bunch of 'creative' photoshoppers on the net.

i don't see news and threads on DOA (and there should not be), so why should we be fussing over this?

btw, i generally agree with the blog you linked to.
oh, and the board sw fitlering fanboi in service tags is rather extreme, imo.

The last thread got locked, but perhaps this time with less bull we can chat about such a game more maturely. ^_^;;

The game in question

I posted the initial link go-arounds because... well... "it's news." But there's a reason I'm almost always tongue-in-cheek with things like that... we never know until there's any semblance of an official release. This is the intarnets, after all.

Um...well then, how's about explaining what the game is actually about rather than leaving it to people to guess? What exactly is this thread supposed to discuss? Are we looking at the graphics, the originality of the game, the gameplay, the story arc, or what?

From the last thread the only reason the game was brought to our attention (unlike the many many other games released that no-one talks about) was because of the announced dubious content. If that's not what this game is about, why do we need to hear about it?

Links without explanantions make me grumpy, and I don't follow them. If I'm to spend valuable browsing time following links, I'm going to want to think there's something on the end of them worth seeing!

It didn't get locked. I just moved it to the RPSC forum since the discussion went off on the morality tangent. The original thread can be found here:

http://www.beyond3d.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34442&page=2
It did? I tried following it, but for some reason dead-ended. (It was saying I didn't have access, or somesuch.) I assumed it was moved to a moderator section for evaluation.

shifty geezer said:
From the last thread the only reason the game was brought to our attention (unlike the many many other games released that no-one talks about) was because of the announced dubious content. If that's not what this game is about, why do we need to hear about it?
Well, um, the first one was brought up indeed because of the dubious content. Indeed, because of the "WTF?" nature of it (now admittedly manipulated) and especially the SNK/Nintendo connection. That was supposed to spawn conversation--and did--though it took a more forceful turn faster, I guess.

THIS one was to qualify the last one. And because the "dsfanboi" site had plenty to comment on, rather than the first one which was just a few sentences and naughty pics. My own general lack of commentary (then and right now) comes from being at work, going to work, doing worky things... Sometimes I just have enough time to "bring things to attention" and spawn conversation, then join in in the evening when I actually have time TO discuss the merits/flaws/pros/cons/ins/outs/etc.

I really need my friend's job, where he just needs to stay "alert" all day, but otherwise spends his time chatting on forums. :p

It did? I tried following it, but for some reason dead-ended. (It was saying I didn't have access, or somesuch.) I assumed it was moved to a moderator section for evaluation.

To view the RPSC forum, you got to join the RPSC group (User CP -> Group Memberships). That's probably the problem.

This is a handheld forum material, isn't it?

As for the creative use of the DS touch screen, this is no different from Nintendogs as a game mechanism in which you touch dogs with the stylus...

I don't really understand what this thread is needed for. What exactly are we to discuss here, the controversy stemmed from a bunch of faked screenies. That's already been revealed, nothing new to discuss either as far as I can see.

One thread is enough, yes?

Not much, admittedly. I created the new one only because I didn't know the other forum had to be "joined" first now, and assumed the first disappeared into limbo.

This could always be future posts concerning the game, though, instead of talking about the climate/sexuality in Japan and elsewhere, which is what the other thread is currently. ;)

Basically just saying there's no need to lock this one, as it will disappear on its' own, unless there's new news/reviews/whatever.

Back