Smash Bros. Brawl :)

Anvil

Newcomer
IGN is reporting that Nintendo has just made mention (in an after hours press briefing) that the next installment of Super Smash Bros is called "Smash Bros. Brawl". This annoucement just made my day :)

Playable characters mentioned so far include:

# Pit (Kid Icarus)
# Solid Snake (Metal Gear Solid)
# Zero Suit Samus (the blue "no-suit" Samus from Metroid: Zero Mission)
# Meta-Knight (Kirby)
# Wario (Wario)

A bit more here: http://revolution.ign.com/articles/707/707504p1.html

A picture says more than thousand words:

Pictures

DSC_3387.jpg

DSC_3367.jpg

Apparantly the game is being developed for use with either the wii-mote or gamecube controller as the developer does not want to alienate players who prefer traditional gaming.

Oh and it is also Online play and is not a launch title.

Looking pretty good...while not as great as Xb360 or PS3 stuffs, they are next-gen worthy visuals...Wii is really getting more attractive each day I see new games.

The only game I really care about on Rev (and the reason I'm getting one, or at least main reason)... And it has Snake in it! Waiting 'til '07 for this and HS is going to be hard =\

:LOL: The snake part in the video was hilarious. The cloth changing in the beginning was funny as well (Link, and Mario looking better and Pikachu and Kirby looking completely the same).

Anyway the graphics look nice and decent.

Fox5 said:
Wow, wtf is Solid Snake doing in the game? That makes no sense at all. Guess Kojima's a fan.
He is.
http://www.joystiq.com/2006/05/10/super-smash-bros-brawl-revealed-for-wii-featuring-solid-snake/
Jason Ransom Wiley said:
Kojima begged Sakurai to include Snake in the GameCube version of Smash Bros., but it was too late in the development cycle to add the character. When Brawl became a reality, Sakurai contacted Kojima and the decision was made to introduce Snake into the series. Solid Snake will use explosives ... and a cardboard box.

Snake is the only thrid party character confirmed for Brawl. Sakurai has confirmed that other third party characters are a definite possible. There was talk of Sonic...

And here's perhaps the greatest surprise of all: Nobuo Uematsu is doing the music.

Can that 3rd-party character be possibly a Final Fantasy one?

Last edited by a moderator:
You know, I don't think I have ever been so hyped up for a videogame. That lighting is just beautiful.

Last edited by a moderator:
nintenho said:
The particles and obstacles seem a bit overdone in this one....

The first screen shows the newly introduced super special move, which a special item is required for. So you won't see these particles very often.

Eagle-Vision said:
The game looks great. Gameplay is assured to be top notch. Lighting looks amazing too.

Lighting was amazing in the original too, especially considering it was a first gen gamecube game. It still has better lighting than most other gamecube games.

BTW, I really wonder if all characters and levels from the previous games will make it on.
Will the new sub characters, like Metaknight and Zero Suit Samus, play like their counterparts (like the clones in melee did)?
I wonder if Rev will have 2xAA as a more or less standard feature. Some of the shots look like they might be antialiased, but then I see others and realize they're probably not.
Hopefully they don't ruin the game by going to crazy with all the super stuff, especially since most of the hardcore smash players I know prefer to play without items at all and on tame stages. What losers, takes a considerable amount of fun out of the game.

Back