sleep talking

I recognize a lot of this sort of thinking. When you're semi-asleep and you're trying to set the alarm clock forward or something, it's like you're fiddling with some immensely complex intractable mystery and you keep inventing silly rules and making nonsensical connections only to realize a second or two later that there is no mystery.

I've also done some sleep-walking as a kid. Apparently I went up to watch TV and was just gazing blankly at a tv test screen when my mom came to see what all the noise was about. Once during a lunar eclipse one of my older siblings noticed me in the hall and tried to make me come take a look through a small reflector telescope in his room, apparently I was completely unresponsive, went to the toilet and set the tap running, then went back to bed.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was a very bad sleep walker as a child. I have walked outside my family's house, one of the scariest moments of my life was waking up halfway down the block in the dead middle of night in only my boxers. I've been told I would often go into the living room and just stand there, this resulted in scaring someone else in my family a many number of times.

I no longer sleep walk, at least I do not believe I do, however I do wake up very often during the night. Never been much of a sleeper.

I used to sleep walk to Sonic The Hedgehog. I'd get nightmares from being frustrated at not being able to pass it. As for sleeptalking... I haven't slept in anyone's immediate company so I don't know if I've done it. :p

I want to sleepwalk though. Now i'm just a brick in my bed.

At least you don't sleep eat. Look it up, there are some pretty funny things that people make and then try to eat when they're actually sleeping.

Cigarette Butt Sandwiches anyone?

A guy at work's wife regularly wakes up with night terrors. Some of the stories include her being completely lucid, but convinced of:
- there's a little man in the attic, staring at them.
- there's blood dripping from walls
- the house was cracking, and she had to hold it together (turned out to be the light coming in from the cracked door)
- there's a man in the house

I personally would be massively freaked out if my wife did this to me, but apparently he's dealt with it for the 15 years they've been married.

The worst I get is my wife commanding a shoe (whom she thought was the dog) to do something or another.

I did have an experience with a girl once who woke up screaming bloody murder because there was a man in the room (of course, there wasn't). This was in an old chateau in France with open windows, creaky floors and stairs, and no lights easily accessible. She never thought to tell me that this happens semi-regularly prior to it that night.

I worked with this one girl who told me that her former BF, when he was going out with a different girl...woke up in the middle of the night, stood up in the bed, and cut loose #1 on her. They apparently had been drinking a good deal earlier.

It's more of an accident than anything related to sonambulance but close enough for me to relate this tale IMO.

There's a scary part in all of this: you could really do "anything" if you sleep walk, even something really really bad, to yourself or someone else...

There's a scary part in all of this: you could really do "anything" if you sleep walk, even something really really bad, to yourself or someone else...

I read somewhere that a person woke up standing on the very edge of their roof, looking into their back garden, which happened to be filled with firefighters and police :p

I think at a very low level you are conscious, and you do remember it. I've had times where I've seen something I've left out and suddenly a 'ahh! I knew I did something at 4am last night!' moment hit.

Back