SKYPE- GLOBAL CONNECTION PROBLEM

What is going on? Perhaps someone writing a final year project in "Simulation of hacker attacks in virtual environment" has achieved his goal to collapse the entire system? :LOL:

haven't noticed any 'back to normal' yet. Skype.com said '0 users online' not too long ago, and now they even removed the counter.

Can't log into my account either

where do you see that? I cannot even log in (when I press 'login' I immediately get redirected to the status update about the ongoing issues).

Anyway, I've long known about the parasitic nature of how Skype operates (if you are on a speedy uplink). Are services like www.voipbuster.com not based on a model where other clients are used as essential services in the network? I'm very tempted to permanently remove the parasite called Skype from my pc and cellphone...

Anyway, I've long known about the parasitic nature of how Skype operates
Interesting. I didn't know that. You know where I can learn more?

I'm very tempted to permanently remove the parasite called Skype from my pc and cellphone...
Well, you're not paying for it, so they gotta do what they can to offset costs. Running a world-spanning voice IP network that offers its services for nuttin doesn't exactly cost peanuts to operate...

seems like the issues have been resolved in the afternoon for me.

@Grall: I do pay for it (SkypeOut Credit). And the whole idea about Skype's parasitic network architecture is exactly for the reason they do not have to operate much (other than writing a good software system that will use client's PCs for handling their data). Seems like they failed on that part on Wednesday (maybe they forgot to push updates in a tiered fashion to clients? with a faulty update bringing down the whole system).

Back