SIS Strikes Back... at someone...

Geeforcer

Harmlessly Evil
Veteran
NV30, what's that? The graphics announcement we have all really been waiting for: Xabre600.

Across the board, the latest SiS chips provide increased speed, functionality and power for the mainstream performance and gaming market.

“Our latest products continue to offer our customers the best combination of performance and value for today’s gaming and business applications,†said Samuel S. Liu, Chairman, CEO & President of SiS. “We are able to leverage our early-to-market support of AGP 8X with even faster and higher performing solutions.â€

Following the successful launch of the SiS Xabre400 just months ago, SiS provided a sneak preview of its Xabre600 graphics processing unit (GPU), scheduled to ramp-up by the end of November. The Xabre600 supports AGP 8X as well as DirectX 8.1 for better graphics and faster processing.

The Xabre600 also integrates a proprietary SiS Hardware Optimized Vertexlizer Engineâ„¢ and SiS Xmartâ„¢ technology, including XmartDriveâ„¢, XmartVisionâ„¢, XmartAGPâ„¢,and Xminator-II Unified Driver, combined with other best-of-breed technologies, creating the best performance-value GPU on the market.

Nexiss said:
Is anyone else laughing at those marketing names?
:LOL:

I think you should have said, is anyone who is not a part of the SIS marketing department, not laughing at those names. :LOL:

Hrmm... they changed one of the names. I guess XhittyDriversâ„¢ can't be marketed as easily.

"Xabre"....ah, just rolls smoothly off the tongue, like silken rivers of sweet wine.

But whether it's "nv30" or "GeForceFX"...the tongue kind of catches between the teeth, know what I mean? THDE-FORDC-FX, DTHE-FORK-FX...nahhhh....

ZZZZZZzzzzzzz-z-z-z-z-z-z-zzz-abre.....for me. Cool.

( :LOL: )

http://www.beyond3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3147

Honestly I'm disappointed by the Xabre 600. I expected them to put in some Xvartsâ„¢ and include some Xion Cannonsâ„¢ in the bundle. They also failed to deliver the 0.5x XstoundingPerformanceâ„¢ AntiAliasing mode that I had been waiting years to see! I really expected the great and awesome Xabre 600 launch to overshadow all that silly "GeForceFX" stuff, but it didn't - what a shock!

(edited : xabre 600 instead of xabre II. stupid me, cant even get the joke right.)

it's not Xabre II

it's Xabre 600 which is using same basic core as 200 and 400, but they spinned it to 0.13µm.

Xabre II is DX9 core and this one is Dx8.1 (PS 1.3 / PS 1.1)

so BoddoZerg, they still might include those.... Maybe just for your joy. ;)

Crusher said:
Hrmm... they changed one of the names. I guess XhittyDriversâ„¢ can't be marketed as easily.

I actually started laughing out loud so hard that the people at work around me asked me what was so funny!!!

On the topic of SIS does anybody know how many polygons the SIS 530 can render cause that is the graphic card I have

Under which fluffy marketing term, does 1x blur mode fall this time around? :eek:

I can't wait until the Inquirer beats this one up!!! Somehow I don't see NVidia nor ATi loosing to much sleep... :)

Back