SiS is back in graphics?

Patric

Newcomer
I remember SiS from my Futuremark days, and they pretty much detached their graphics business to become XGI (or something like that). I recall them buying up Trident in the process. Their graphics architecture was marketed under the Xabre brand, and the drivers were named:
Xminator II - very cool :cool:

Now I stumbled on a SiS ad in Inq, promoting a Mirage 3+ graphics brand. Same logo said DX9. I didn't know of this. Anybody got additional info?

I remember SiS from my Futuremark days, and they pretty much detached their graphics business to become XGI (or something like that). I recall them buying up Trident in the process. Their graphics architecture was marketed under the Xabre brand, and the drivers were named:
Xminator II - very cool :cool:

Now I stumbled on a SiS ad in Inq, promoting a Mirage 3+ graphics brand. Same logo said DX9. I didn't know of this. Anybody got additional info?
Mirage3 has been shipping for quite a long time now as part of a number of IGP SKUs for Intel, AMD and VIA processors.

I'm pretty sure recent M3+ implementations are a 0/2 design VS/PS, with two texture units, 5W TDP and their RealVideo engine.

Mirage4 is DX10 and they have DX11 IGPs on their roadmaps. Slow moving company but they're plugging away at things still, always have done.

Back