Silent Hill Next and Resident Evil 5 confirmed!!

wishcraft

Newcomer
I posted this on another forum minutes ago (ps3 forum):

WOHO!! My favorite games, I just love playing horror games, especially silent hill!! Just imagine CGI like graphics in silent hill or resident evil, wow, must be amazing. I bet the enviroments will be huge, or can be huge now!

GW- Ok, anything you can tell us about SH-Next?

Y- Unfortunately not at this time, but very soon. We also can't tell you the
system or systems it will be on, but we can say it will be on the next
generation platforms.

I- Maybe I'll get in trouble for this, so Konami Japan don't fire me, but we
are interested in playing with the idea of 'light'... as in 'daylight' and
shadows. Ever since the pre-production of SH2, we wanted to start a SH in a
normal environment- daylight, people going about their business, just
normality. What happens when you make that normality rot all around you? It
is possible to make a normal sunny day really creepy. Just look at films
like the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre or even one of our favorites,
Jacobs Ladder.

Source

So, Silent Hill Next will be on the next gen platforms. Well does the "interested in playing with the idea of 'light'.." ring any bells??? Well I recall seeing the first RSX video on the Sony Conference playing with this (light effects) so it is possible that the next Silent Hill will be on the PS3. I bet it will, for many reasons. For one, it was born on the PlayStation platform. Second, some devs say the PS3 is more powerful than xbox360, also note that we don't know anything about Nintendo Revolution. Silent Hill doesn't have any reason to move on to revolution, really.. Like I said, the "light" hints it being on ps3. Remember the rumoured ray tracing on ps3? That's another reason for it being on ps3! :) I read somewhere, possibly just a romour that they are going to choose the most powerful platform, which most "likely" could be the PS3, that is on paper, for now.. You don't really need any hints or proof for it being on PS3 because it's almost natural being on the PS platform, I think!

Now moving on to Resident Evil 5, all we know is that it will be for PS3 although as the source sais, it doesn't mean it will be an exclusive title for the PS3.

Source

Silent Hill Next, Resident Evil 5, Final Fantasy XIII and GTA Next are the games I am most anticipated about. I just can't wait playing them on the PS3!! (btw I prefer the PS3 over the other upcoming platforms) Just imagine what these games could do on the PS3!!! WOW! Now Silent Hill and Resident Evil can get really freaky with the next gen graphics, especially if they look the rumoured also "proven" "CGI" graphics! (that is on ps3) Want to know how much I love horror games? Well I bought Game Cube soley to play the Resident Evil titles, I have them all now! RS0, RS1 and RS4 (except the ported versions)!

If any one of you have any new info on the 2 games, please post and tell us!

Can't wait for SH5! Although the last game was kind of a let-down, the series always has cutting-edge graphics, and I can't wait to see what Konami can do with PS3. SH3 is still one the all-time best looking PS2 games. I think SH4 was rushed and the quality suffered as a result. Hopefully they'll give SH5 the attention and budget it deserves!

I've stumbled upon some info about SH4 saying that SH4 wasnt supposed to be a silent hill title, btw you can read it on the source site. also they were experimenting a lot. one really interesting thing you would like to know about SHNext is that it will be sort of like SH2 I think, but based on flashbacks. it's about a guy who is mentally disturbed or is hospitalized (doesn't mean he is disturbed because "supernatural" things probably happened to him since he was in Silent Hill). Also a Silent Hill character will be resurected and be brought in to the game! anyway about the flashbacks, he will supposedely be questioned by a doctor and then you as the player will live through his experiences through flash backs and play him. so this sounds like the most INTERESTING story yet in the SH series. man I just can't wait to play it, its my favorite game! :D sh"5" is gonna get really interesting!

Yes, I bought a cube for the RE series myself. I will snap up, some more titles, I need the RE remake though, to be complete

We already knew that RE and SH will have next-gen sequels. What we didn't know was when they're planned for release and on which platform(s).
Both of thoses sources confirm nada about thoses two issues.
BTW, the english mag that said that Capcom "confirms" RE5, is still the only source, Capcom include, that says so.

Great post! And something that really needs to be said:
Y- It's important to try to satisfy both at once- satisfying the fans and
our own needs. I feel our needs as creators have taken a back seat since the
third game, to be honest. We plan to change that with the next game, but
also not isolate our fans.

I- After the underwhelming response SH4 got, we've been gathering opinions
from everywhere to make sure we come back strong with the next installment. Sometimes the most vocal opinions, for example the desire for more battles, are not always the best ones
Great to see the creators and me share the same opinions. :devilish:

london-boy said:
Oh, so no more SH games for current gen consoles?!

Jesus, talk about jumping the ship early...

I`d rather wait 2 or 3 Years for a Silent Hill 2 than 1 Year for a Silent Hill 4. Given a 2 or 3 Years timeframe a PS3-release is sensible...

Npl said:
london-boy said:
Oh, so no more SH games for current gen consoles?!

Jesus, talk about jumping the ship early...

I`d rather wait 2 or 3 Years for a Silent Hill 2 than 1 Year for a Silent Hill 4. Given a 2 or 3 Years timeframe a PS3-release is sensible...

Well SH4 is already a year old (isn't it? not sure)... By the time it comes out on next gen consoles, 3 years will have passed.

london-boy said:
Well SH4 is already a year old (isn't it? not sure)... By the time it comes out on next gen consoles, 3 years will have passed.

Is it? I would think its 6 to 8 Months, but then I dont realy have a good intuition for time ;)

My point merely was that I dont want a rushed job, in that case it would likely be released in a time where the focus is already on nextgen.

Npl said:
london-boy said:

Is it? I would think its 6 to 8 Months, but then I dont realy have a good intuition for time ;)

My point merely was that I dont want a rushed job, in that case it would likely be released in a time where the focus is already on nextgen.

I know and i agree with you... i just want more SH!! ;)

I rather the sequels or next in series come every second year fastest.
SH4 came too soon after SH3. With a very similar style as SH3 I wasn't at all interested in buying SH4 as Silent Hill 3 was still so intensely in my mind I had no desire to go there again.

Games like Final Fantasies, Silent Hill, Grand Theft Auto... large scale and/or intense games that have a very distinctive style are better it they do not have a game released every year.

I believe Silent Hill 5 will come on xbox360, PC and PS3, they'll want to maximise the sales on as many platforms as possible. So I don't also expect a title that pushes the boundaries of any platform, but it should still be good because it is Silent Hill ;)

I suspect their next project may be a 1st-gen title for next-gen. This team has been MIA since SH4. I think the timing is about right.

It's funny.. I used to be one of the biggest Resident Evil fans until Capcom decided to give us PlayStation users the shaft when they went exclusive to GameCube.

Now that they may be developing for PS3 exclusively... well... can't say I'm too excited anymore. What shall I say? I moved on.

Phil said:
It's funny.. I used to be one of the biggest Resident Evil fans until Capcom decided to give us PlayStation users the shaft when they went exclusive to GameCube.

Now that they may be developing for PS3 exclusively... well... can't say I'm too excited anymore. What shall I say? I moved on.

I wonder how many tens of millions they lost by going GC-exclusive.

Well, they could always make RE5 for PS3 first, and port it to Revolution later on. Much like Code Veronica on Dreamcast, followed by the release of Code Veronica X on Dreamcast, PlayStation 2 and later on GameCube.

Speaking of which, Nintendo said they want to minimize loading times with Revolution (like GameCube), does this mean they have a high speed dvd drive/massive amount of RAM/huge bandwidth?

I imagine its the same with alot of devs. They don't want to commit their big franchises to any console yet until they see how the xbox360 launch goes. That way they'll decide whether to make a ps3 version and a 360 version or just a ps3 version, or maybe just a 360 version to maximize profits. Who wants to bet on a team before the draft.

Speaking of which, Nintendo said they want to minimize loading times with Revolution (like GameCube), does this mean they have a high speed dvd drive/massive amount of RAM/huge bandwidth?
i hope they go for a GC like design with a sizeable amount of (cheap and not so fast) ram. the more ram the better, i say.

Back