Should AMD have kept ATI brand name instead killing it.

Should AMD have kept ATI brand name instead killing it

• Yes

Votes: 21 30.0%
  • No

Votes: 18 25.7%
  • I don't care

Votes: 29 41.4%
  • I don't know

Votes: 2 2.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I won't miss Ati. Actually if you ask me, the whole Radeon brand is starting to grow a bit old too. I would love to see new brand or multiple brands of graphics cards from AMD, kind of the same way as they have many CPU brandnames too.

edit maybe move the thread to the industry section?

I am a creature of habit, so I'd prefer the ATI name to be left alone.

At least they seem to have kept the red/black coloring.

Yes, it is not important but still, I don't like seeing things that accompanied me for quite a while, go away.

People need to know that ATI = AMD if they're going to believe that the GPU in Fusion is the same as the one in the mighty Radeons. So no, AMD shouldn't have kept ATI.

I think my feelings on the matter should be known by now:

smiles_407.gif

Oh, god.

I wish everybody would just shut the fuck up about this already. Yes, it was a bad decision. No, it doesn't really effect much in the end. Whining about it constantly won't do a damned thing, and is highly annoying.

Oh, god.

I wish everybody would just shut the fuck up about this already. Yes, it was a bad decision. No, it doesn't really effect much in the end. Whining about it constantly won't do a damned thing, and is highly annoying.

You insensitive bastard! Can't you see the man is upset?!

I'd rather they killed Radeon & kept ATI as the graphics brand.

On the other hand Radeon Athlon Fusion is easier to market.

I prefer the ATi name for sentimental reasons. I'm sure it was a good business decision to pull all of their products under one name, though.

Imho,

It's time to move forward and for me, the ATI name was really AMD after the agreement. Their combined vision may be Fusion and this may be a shake-up and probably the right timing for the AMD branding and use this combined with the name recognition of Radeon for the discrete sectors and Fusion for the integrated -- both AMD offering graphics.

ATI may have held some emotional aspects to many owners out there, but ATI's legacy lives through AMD.

Naming is irrelevant to me anyway and what matters is what the products actually do.

Back