Shopping Mister Davros

tnx...

ps: about using vist64 drivers for win7x64
do they always work or is it hit and miss
I do need vista 64 divers and not vista 32 ?

tnx...

ps: about using vist64 drivers for win7x64
do they always work or is it hit and miss
I do need vista 64 divers and not vista 32 ?

For x64 Win7, you need to use Vista 64 drivers, bit for bit.

I haven't heard from Vista driver not working for Win7, in fact I can't even remember where there would be separated Vista&Win7 drivers, it's always "Vista" or "Vista & Win7", and Vista works for Win7.

It could, it's likely the drivers there might be older or less compatible than the ones that were provided to MS for inclusion with Win7.

I'd only use those (mostly the Vista drivers) in the case of something not working properly after Win7 was installed. The Marvell and Realtek drivers should have updated Win7 versions, so yeah, you'd want to grab those from the respective sites.

A caveate with the Marvell drivers. I'm not sure how they are with LAN drivers, but I know the Marvell storage drivers are often worse than the default Windows SATA/IDE drivers.

Regards,
SB

But updating them from the links I provided never hurts, especially for the soundchip

X-FI - FTW

Since this has sorta become the Misc Davros questions thread i have another one
My mboard states "supports upto 8Gb ram" now is this because :
A: It supports upto 8Gb ram
B: It has 4 dimm slots the biggest dimm at the time generally available was 2Gb, hence the guy doing the specs though it can hold 8Gb

well of intel then ;)
Didnt they see more than 8gb usage coming? I did
ps: it says memory channels 2 i have 4 slots if i populate them all does that mean 2 dimms will be sharing a channel causing a potential bottleneck ?

It depends on the density and number of ranks of your DIMMs. Say, four single sided 1GB modules would run dual channel. But with 1x2GB dual sided and 2X1GB single sided you'd have to place the two 1gb modules on one channel and the 2GB one on the other to get maximum bandwidth.

Not sure about that chipset, but it might not run more than two dual sided DIMMs at the same time. The motherboard manual probably has a chart (or look at the chipset datasheet).

well i would hope to one day run 2 x 2gb and 2x 4gb or better still 4x 4gb no idea if they would be double or single sided though

Back