Shaky WMP video

Discussion in '3D Hardware, Software & Output Devices' started by Quitch, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Quitch

Veteran

Starting with, perhaps Catalyst 11.1, I started seeing shaky video in Windows Media Player. Let's take the recent Dead Island trailer as an example, the video plays fine until the "home movies" bit at the end, suddenly it's like the cameraman is vibrating or something. Likewise with the Deus Ex 3 trailer, two thirds of the way in it goes shaky.

I loaded the same videos into Media Player Classic Home Cinema and they don't show this problem.

I had the CCCP installed but removed it and rebooted, but the problem remains.

The Deus Ex 3 video is an example of one which used to play fine and only started showing this issue recently. I had the CCCP installed at the time it was playing fine.

I'm just wondering if this is likely driver related (I can't recall the exact time of issue but pretty sure it was the 11.1 upgrade, and now on 11.2 the issue remains) and whether anyone has run into this before?

2. Davros

Legend

I have cat 11.1 can you give me a link to a small video that exhibits the problem

edit: then again I may have 11.12
    how the bloody hell do you tell
    [​IMG]

3. Sinistar

Sinistar I LIVE
    Regular Subscriber

well it normally has "Catalyst Version" right below "Driver Packaging Version"

Edit:

Your direct3d, and 2d versions seem to be the same as 11.2, but your OpenGL version is older.

#3 Sinistar, Feb 23, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2011
  4. Davros

Legend

ok how do i fix that ?