Shadowrun Famitsu review

Some intersting info - this game is RRPing at half-normal-price in Australia, in much the same way as Viva Pinata and Rockstar Table Tennis. For those enthusiastic about this one, get it for about $AUD60 at http://www.dvdcrave.com.au/products/product.jsp?pid=33426.

I don't know why that is - apparently it's still a $US60 title in the States. This usually translates to $AUD120. Finally some good news for Aussies.

Why would ms have a copyright on a third party's preview?

well I don't speak Japanese but maybe some of the comments about the game are PR notes (games description etc) that were copy/pasted for the preview?

on NeoGaf they said it scored 7/7/8/8 at Famitsu

oh and here is a dutch review

For Dutch people, here's a review: http://www.gamevillage.nl/showthread...21#post2531821
Summary:

The Good:
+ Abilities
+ Combination of races with abilities and weapons

The Bad:
- The buttons don't allow you to use your skills fast enough

Judgement:
Best FPS for 360 up till now

Gameplay - 9
Graphics - 9
Sound - 8
Replay - 9

Total: 9

I get the feeling that no matter how great this game might be it will just not sell, unless they do have it for half the price all over the world...

Where are all the reviews (in English). :???: No marketing budget :???:

No, they didn't send out reviewable copies to anyone. EGM was complaining about it last week on their podcast.

More than a little suspicious!

Strange though, if this game were to ever have had a chance, that chance would've rested on strong reviews, and exposure from gaming sites/publications.

By witholding reviewable copies, they essentially sabotage the game, if it was indeed a great game.

Indeed. With all their talk about gameplay and such, I'd have expected the reviews to be up. I just visited their homepage and they're talking about playing games yesterday for a few hours with select people on their forums. It's kind of too bad almost no one could actually get a copy of the game. :rolleyes:

No killer ads on TV at all. If it weren't for forums, I wouldn't have known the game existed. Just like MechAssault 2... *sigh*

I was looking forward to seeing what ended up in the final game, and whether or not the four years they've spent on development were worth anything.

Game is really a lot of fun, teamwork is the key (please use voice). I have the pc version and it looks pretty damn good for an online fps and runs very steady. Im running everything on high, 4xAA at 1920x1200 at about 70-80 fps on a 8800gtx. Dedicated servers everywhere and no lag to speak of although I was dropped from a server at one point (voice recognition is a little weak on the pc but other than that no real technical complaints). The IGN preview was wrong as there are various level settings available for the pc. If anything I would say there needs to be some more game-types. The combinations of magic tech and weapons really add a lot of depth to the title.

Im finding that the gamepad is considerably better suited to the game than the kb/m.

While I think it is a good title this is definitely not a game that everyone is going to enjoy.

Last edited by a moderator:
No, they didn't send out reviewable copies to anyone. EGM was complaining about it last week on their podcast.

More than a little suspicious!

Strange though, if this game were to ever have had a chance, that chance would've rested on strong reviews, and exposure from gaming sites/publications.

By witholding reviewable copies, they essentially sabotage the game, if it was indeed a great game.

Strong reviews always have an positive effect on games sales regardless of when they are released.

negative reviews can kill sales.

Withholding reviews allows a game to sell on hype and marketing alone and maximize sales before those negative reviews hit or see additional sales bolstered by the positive reviews.

Strong reviews always have an positive effect on games sales regardless of when they are released.

negative reviews can kill sales.

Withholding reviews allows a game to sell on hype and marketing alone and maximize sales before those negative reviews hit or see additional sales bolstered by the positive reviews.
But there are no signs that the game is bad - actually everyone on message boards who bought it enjoys the game. I think probably combination of 9 maps, 60$ and not top-notch graphics will lower notes despite its enjoyable gameplay. Though I'm looking forward to play a demo and then I'll decide whether or not I'll pick it up, as I can buy it for ~40$.

I never read a bad thing about it, but it still looks like the MP component of a regular game, so asking for $60 with missing a SP game is begging for negative attention. Warhawk will have the same issue if it's sold for $60.

I never read a bad thing about it, but it still looks like the MP component of a regular game, so asking for $60 with missing a SP game is begging for negative attention. Warhawk will have the same issue if it's sold for $60.

I have it as well. It is a fun game. Warhawk is $39.99 at GS/EB. 9 maps aren't a lot for $60, but I had a lot of fun with it. I let my kids play Mario Party 8. I'll be on Forza 2 later.

I have it as well. It is a fun game. Warhawk is $39.99 at GS/EB. 9 maps aren't a lot for $60, but I had a lot of fun with it. I let my kids play Mario Party 8. I'll be on Forza 2 later.

$40, I hope it's not just a place holder. Maybe the PSN version can be $30 then :)

Thanks for the heads up.

SR has no hype, that's the problem. If it's a good game, there's no need to worry about it getting 'killed' by reviews...

SR has no hype, that's the problem. If it's a good game, there's no need to worry about it getting 'killed' by reviews...

Even though this and Forza comes out the same day, they could have given it a bit more but with the Halo 3 beta going on currently, I have no idea. Forza had the television show and during some of the Microsoft Surface videos, they put together a video Forza puzzle.

Back