Shadow Warrior 2

Lightman

Veteran
Supporter
Today I stumbled upon news that new Shadow Warrior 2 is coming out! I really enjoyed previous game and sick humour in it :D

Here is a little trailer:

Not for faint hearted! Severe gore and lots of red paint ...

Let us know what you think of it if you buy it. I played their previous Shadow Warrior game and Hard Reset. Curious what they've put together here.

I'm waiting till Christmas with any gaming purchases as I have plenty of games to play and very little time to do it, but sure enough I will buy it then.

The nice thing is. Since it's a digital only title, they don't have to do retail physical pricing on it, so it's only 40 USD. I really want to buy it, but I have so many games still unplayed that I'm going to wait to see if it goes on sale during the Steam Winter sale.

I'm going to guess it'll get somewhere between a 25-30% discount. Doubt it'll match the 50% discount that Doom 3 had, since that was 50% off the retail physical price. IE - 30 USD after discount. So a 25% discount off the 40 USD digital price would equal the 30 USD price that Doom 3 had after discount.

Game looks really good though. It takes the old arena shooter style of games like the original Doom, Quake, Unreal Tournament, and of course Shadow Warrior, and adds in Borderlands style looting.

Regards,
SB

Since when was 40 USD an indication of digital only product? It's more like the publisher pricing effectively to the games prominence and marketing budget.

Not sure why they priced it like they did, but it seems like more than a fair price for this game...it's great! I've been in a bit of a gaming slump where nothing really seemed fun, but I've been looking forward to when I get all my stuff done and everyone is settled in and I get to go be Lo Wang for a bit. :)

It really does have that magic fun factor for me, something that has been missing in way too many games lately.

For GeForce GTX gamers, an extra treat awaits in Shadow Warrior 2 thanks to a collaboration between NVIDIA and Flying Wild Hog: the first application of NVIDIA Multi-Res Shading in a non-VR game.

shadow-warrior-2-nvidia-multi-res-shading-performance-640px.png

http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/shadow-warrior-2-nvidia-multi-res-shading

MRS sounds great, I always wondered why games would not do this.
Is it possible to enable it at lower resolution, say 1080p and how does it look ?
It looks like we're entering a new era, with dynamic res between and inside each frame, checkerboard rendering

MRS will be great for nv surround and possibly eyefinity if nv dont lock it
IIRC, Playstation VR already uses this by default, even when displaying a projected 2D screen.
You can barely read any text if it's displayed in the corner of your eye.

MRS makes sense for VR games where your eyes rarely focus on the edges of the "screen" as the screen moves with your head movement.

MRS is totally stupid for single monitor use as things will blur if you look at the edges of the screen, which I do quite frequently. Hate it in Shadow Warrior on a single monitor. Might be OK in a triple monitor setup though. I'm far less likely to look directly at the surround displays.

At least it's an option. So I'll be able to make sure it's disabled whenever I get the game for myself.

I hope no developer is stupid enough to implement it into a non-VR game without the option to disable it.

Regards,
SB

Maybe Titanfall should use it for the cockpit. :p (Or any fast paced game that blurs the edges of the screen anyway).

Wouldn't help for me as the first thing I do is turn of any form off motion blur in games followed soon after by anything DOF related. Games that don't allow me to turn those off, I rarely bother to play.

I've only just recently started to not automatically disable shadows, as shadow quality has finally started to get fairly decent in some games, thus making their performance hit somewhat justified (to me).

Regards,
SB

Need help just rescued the girl who's soul is corrupted and dont know what to do next
I talk to the guy with the white beard and he says you need to hurry or something and the only reply I get is i'll come back later or something
kKOypMA.jpg

Last edited:
Back