Shadow of the Colossus wins big @ GDC awards

drpepper

Regular
This time it was Sadow of the Colossus winning (gamesindustry.biz) big in the award show. Oddly, God of War didn't win a single award despite being nominated 6 times. Nintendogs and Guitar Hero were the other big winners.

An exerpt:

nnovation Honour: Shadow of the Colossus
Innovation Honour: Nintendogs
Innovation Honour: Guitar Hero

Best New Studio: Double Fine Productions (Psychonauts)
Best Writing: Psychonauts
Best Game Design: Shadow of the Colossus
Best Audio: Guitar Hero
Best Character Design: Shadow of the Colossus
Best Technology: Nintendogs
Best Visual Arts: Shadow of the Colossus

Game of the Year: Shadow of the Colossus

drpepper said:
This time it was Sadow of the Colossus winning (gamesindustry.biz) big in the award show. Oddly, God of War didn't win a single award despite being nominated 6 times. Nintendogs and Guitar Hero were the other big winners.

An exerpt:
YEah For Double Fine and Psychonauts! :D

All well deserved for the winners. I don't really feel bad for God of War because its won several other awards -- curious about the no RE4 mentions (any nominations? can't visit the site), although I didn't really get into the game, I still thought it was very well polished.

Nice to see Psychonauts get some love too... that game could have sold so much better if it had the right marketing and target audience from the get go.

Bobbler said:
All well deserved for the winners. I don't really feel bad for God of War because its won several other awards -- curious about the no RE4 mentions (any nominations? can't visit the site), although I didn't really get into the game, I still thought it was very well polished.

Nice to see Psychonauts get some love too... that game could have sold so much better if it had the right marketing and target audience from the get go.

I keep hearing of this psychonauts, Maybe I should take a look at it. I too was surprised RE4 wasn't even mentioned. Regardless, it doesn't need an official award, it's an awesome game.

Back