Shadow of the Colossus wins big @ GDC awards

Discussion in 'Console Gaming' started by drpepper, Mar 23, 2006.

1. drpepper

Regular

This time it was Sadow of the Colossus winning (gamesindustry.biz) big in the award show. Oddly, God of War didn't win a single award despite being nominated 6 times. Nintendogs and Guitar Hero were the other big winners.

An exerpt:

2. Ike Turner

Veteran Regular

YEah For Double Fine and Psychonauts! :D

3. Bobbler

Bobbler Shazbot!
    Veteran

All well deserved for the winners. I don't really feel bad for God of War because its won several other awards -- curious about the no RE4 mentions (any nominations? can't visit the site), although I didn't really get into the game, I still thought it was very well polished.

Nice to see Psychonauts get some love too... that game could have sold so much better if it had the right marketing and target audience from the get go.

4. drpepper

Regular

I keep hearing of this psychonauts, Maybe I should take a look at it. I too was surprised RE4 wasn't even mentioned. Regardless, it doesn't need an official award, it's an awesome game.